IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steelhead counts are over 3,000 per day, is anyone fishing up there yet??

TR

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Its a bit early still, I checked with a friend who is a local and he told me its not going on quite yet...but I agree the counts are good again this year.
Drano received fewer plants for this years' run and no doubt the return will be smaller. BUT remember that Drano gets a lot of upriver fish dropping by to cool off on the way upstream.

Later,

HC

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went over 6,000 this weekend!!!

TR

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I'll be throwing off the bench...

Going to pull an all-nighter this Friday, anyone up for it??

TR

[ 07-27-2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: TheRogue ]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
TR, I am not familiar with the fishery up there but was curious why you dont use treble hooks on those spinners? I would like to get up there with you sometime here in the future just give me a heads up neighbor :cheers:

Rainrshine

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Non-bouyant lure restriction for trebles!! I think it is actually only for salmon, not steelies...but, in years past, I've seen someone have to release a salmon as a gamie watched, because he was using a treble.

And actually, I really think that once the fish is hooked, those 1/0 VMC's hold better than trebles.

TR

BTW, nighttime fishing is spin-n-glows, with or without bait.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The Rogue-

I might be game, although I've been doing ok from the boat on the Oregon side too.

Night fishing is too much fun to pass up tho.

Can I call you on Wednesday to reserve a spot next to you on " The Bench" if plans work out ?

I'll even leave the sturgeon rod at home :wink:

Will it be open for salmon too , as it will be August 1/2 ?

ps- Those spinners won't work :wink: I'll try to get a few from Get Bent, those should turn a head of a fish or two as well.

Got eggs ? :smile:

Chris :cool:

[ 07-27-2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give me a call, I'm ready to go! FISHFINDER will be meeting us over there also, he's free that night. I believe he's doing Drano tonight. He also has 5lbs of coon shrimp cured up, maybe he'll come clean with some.

TR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts