IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my mother last week saying she had a scheduled trip with Tim Juarez on the Willamette. Seems one of the seats was empty and asked if I'd like to fill it. Who can say no to their own mother? :wink: So I meet her, my brother, and another guy Monday morning to chase springers near OC under the guidance of Tim.

Quite a few boats out, some action going on. There's a female guide out there- I think her name is Julie- that we watch put two fish in the boat before we even touch a fish. I ask Tim, "Man, are you going to let a girl outfish you?" :wink: :laugh:

Tim's got us using some Loomis rods that are so sensitive that they could feel the extra fin on the fish and automatically release them. That way we didn't waste time messing with the net. However, the rods malfuntioned twice forcing us to manually release two natives. But the other four were crackered...er, I mean, automatically released.

My mom finally puts a keeper in the boat near the end of the day. I didn't get a bite all day; but I think that's because Tim knew WHO was paying for that trip. :laugh: I also accused him of having a liberal boat since all the bites came on the left side of the boat. :grin: However, I admit it could be the fact that I was standing on the right.... :hoboy:

Being a boat owner I rarely fish with a guide, but I pay attention to their actions on the river. I think boat owners/operators notice things about other operators and guides that non-boaters may not. Like how they operate in traffic, their ethics around bankies, etc. Here is where Tim is top-notch. He would ask bankies if he was intruding before we dropped bait, he asked several boats if he was encroaching on their water, etc.

He's a great guy with great ethics and attitude. He got the boat into some fish, and my mom got to tussle with three springers that day with one for the BBQ.

I'm still fishless-in-Spanaway. :shrug:

[ 04-22-2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Go Harley ]

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip! I know alot of guys that are NOT guides that would not be so curtious.

Crayfin

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
hey Rick, sounds like you had a blast. Congrats to
you mom. I'm hitting the W after work tonight, it's been fishing well for my buddy.
Take it easy,
Brad GBS

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Go Harley, I haven't heard of a local guide named named Tim Lopez. I have fished with Tim Jaurez and he is every bit as courteous as you describe.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Go Harley:

I couldn't agree more about your experience with Tim. FIRST CLASS.

However,

You might consider editing your post to reflect his true last name. It is Juarez, not Lopez.

In any event, glad you enjoyed the trip.

Rusty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post edited. Man, that's embarrassing. Could of sworn my mom said it was Lopez. Sorry, Tim. :blush:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Tim is with out a doubt, one of the best all around guides/people you will ever meet. I have enjoyed Tim and his wife Shannon for years. Good people that offer a great service. What more could you ask for?

G

·
I was also invited on a trip with tim on the wilson for steelhead. we cuaght lots of fish and had a great time. I have been on a lot of giuded trips through my work and Tim the best. He keeps the conversation going all day and is very plesent to be around. I have been with a few that its like you would like to get out of the boat and go home after a couple of hour because they seem mad at the world or just dont enjoy thier job.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I have known Tim for a long time and I like to flick him-----. He is the best. He really enjoys what he does. I would never tell him that he is also really good at what he does, because he would think I was just flicking him some -----. I well tell you this, he has some high rollers flying in to fish with him this Thrus. April 24th, (you know the hearing in salem on keeping our hatcheries) He is paying another guide to fish them so he can join all of us in Salem to help our cause. He is also brining his boat. I hope a lot of other guides do the same, as well as all of you.Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts