IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was gonna go silver fishing up here in Sw Washington but the river I was gonna go fish tripled it's volume yesterday and hasn't come down yet so i thought i would go join the madness in tillimook.. Thought i would poke around in tidewater for a bit then maybe head upriver.. don't need to know specifics just wondering if the local experts would say this is a good plan or a bad one???

G

·
In Orygun. :grin:

Rob, bank access at Hospital Hole (on third street right past the hospital) on the Trask and some off of the road on the Tillamook River upstream from 101.

Rick

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok.. so i thought i'd give a report..

with all the rain i decided to try high up in tidewater and fished the trask at 101. I thought there might be fish there because of the rain ... Wrong.. fished it for a couple hours with a couple other guys.. Nothing.. saw one roll.

Next i followed the tillimook river down through tidewater because i remembered one sweeping bend with good access.. nothing there...

So I went to the 5th street access because i thought there was some good public access there.. too many boats flying all over the place

So i went to the Hospital hole and fished through the low tide. No fish were caught ob bobbers there today as of 3pm.. saw one fish roll there and heard of a couple caught in the slough across the way all on corkies , hmmm..

So thinking i'd head to the Elochoman i started up 101. I fished tidewater on the Miami for about 40 minutes and do to seeing no fish and hearing no good report i left..
The naselle was extremely high but had perfect color for throwing spinners for coho and coho were present. I saw their wakes as schools moved through tailouts. but no biters
Thr Grays was totally blown out, chocolate milk..

The elochoman was in perfect shape and coho were present and rolling but they must still be early run fish because they won't bite a thing
All in all I put on a lot of miles to fish the Trask for 8 hours. But thanks to a couple guys at the hospital hole i know a lot more about bobber fishing than i did 24 hours ago..
Sure we were shoulder to shoulder but it was a friendly atmosphere none the less.. and i even know to laugh when a guide boat "hits the allegator"

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Rob,

You have a great attitude when it comes to seeking fish. Keep looking and picking up tips along the way. I applaud your effort. Keep it up, it will pay off.

--spud-- :smile:

·
Registered
62 Posts
See William's post from 10/18 - he and I went 4 for 8 on 3 Tillamook area rivers yesterday - bobbers and his secret egg cure recipe!

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HA.. well become and tillimook insider like ME and you'll know :grin: .. Apparently there is a large submerged rock midstream in the trask just above the"bobber Only" water at the hospital hole affectionaly (only by some i am sure) called the alligator..

·
Registered
170 Posts
"hits the alligator" - and what does this mean for the rest of us that don't know? I want to make sure I laugh when I'm supposed too! :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts