IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of fishing tillimook,sun,mon,tues,i havent,seen any reports,,has anyone been their,any reports,,thanks,,Don

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
:grin:

Check out this web cam, after the sun comes up. The number of boats should answer your question. Garibaldi web cam

Right now, at 7:00 AM, it looks like the start of a Bass tournament with all the boats racing out to the ocean!

and another thing: there were maybe a hundred boats out on Friday and only a quarter of them were doing well. What was the difference, since they were all fishing the same area? Details! Most people were putting their gear out to X pulls, sticking their rod in the holder and driving in circles. The rods going off most consistently were actively attended: keeping the bait on the bottom, keeping troll speed to 1.0 MPH (+/- 0.2) and noticing the exact locations where fish seemed to be biting consistently.

[ 09-20-2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Big swells but not much wind chop on Friday, but things are deteriorating. Please, be careful!

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY CONDITIONS EXPECTED SUN...
TODAY...N WIND 10 KT...RISING TO 20 KT... WIND WAVES 4 FT... W SWELL 8 FT AT 9 SECONDS. AREAS OF MORNING FOG.
TONIGHT...N WIND 15 KT... WIND WAVES 4 FT... W SWELL 5 FT AT 9 SECONDS.
SUN...N WIND 25 KT... WIND WAVES 5 FT... W SWELL 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS

Station 46029 - COL RIVER BAR 7:00 am PDT
Wave Height (WVHT): 7.9 ft

Remember, it's just fishing!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hey , Un Reel ...We did well on Wednesday but we were able to get out ...you've got a morning flood tide so a guy could perhaps do alright inside but I would heed Pete's warning ...sounds kind of nasty outside ! Best of luck , swampy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd agree with Pete that most of the action appears to be near the jaws or better yet, outside. We fished Nehalem (Wheeler and up)and Tillamook (Memaloose)yesterday, and fishing was very slow for the number of boats. A fair number of silvers rolling, especially in the Nehalem, but uncooperative. There was a cluster of 30+ boats fishing the jaws in both locations and the reports coming from incoming boats was that the bite was sporadic but folks were picking up a few fish. It was a little rough and I was hesitant to join in the fray with just my driftboat. The Ghost Hole was eerily quiet yesterday as well. Just does not appear to be many chinook available yet. In terms of catching fish, we probably should have stayed and fished in the backyard (Columbia). In a pastoral sense though, it was great to be back on a small tidewater stream in the fall with a little misty rain falling, the sound of fish rolling and Kingfishers chattering overhead, and the friendly banter of other fisherfolks passing up and down the river. All in all, a most excellent way to spend a Friday.
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts