IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the oyster house area and beyond today. We end up 3 for 5. 18lb,a bit dark. 20lb Bright. 22lb fresh form the ocean (Chrome) Did not hear of a single fish caught out of the Trask today. All our came from the other river that starts with a T??????

It was a beautiful day NO RAIN and not much wind.
We tried a little of everything. Ended up with 2 anchored up with Kwikies and lost one. Green with green tiger stripes. Got one on spinners and lost one. (Lemon lime) All in all it was a slow day. I will see if the picture turned out and post them later.

I even got a legal size gator on a wrapped kwik fish. No we didn't keep it. Dam barbed hooks.

Good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Awesome day did you get the fish on the kwikfish on the incoming or outgoing tide??? :bowdown:

R.R.

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Interesting. I saw some fish jumping there. I thought about doing the same thing. I heard of some caught in the Trask yesterday, but all darkies.

Jen

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ranger. We fished Kwikies on the early out going and got one. Saw Dave Johnsons boat land two.

Most of the guides spent the in coming tide back trolling / jigging kwikies, Only saw a few landed. We did spend the later part of the in comeing tide anchored with kwikies and got one more and missed one. So to answer you question both tides produced.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fished the ghost hole yesterday we got 1 native coho in but it was native so I let it go then i hooked in to a 20 pound cinook but I lost it on the prop off our kicker motor, got the coho in the out going tide and got the chinook in the incoming tide.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you guys think tomorrow will be calmer in the bay?? Or should I stay home and chase silvers on the sandy????? :whazzup:

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seaweed is alway a problem on the incomeing tide.
Just check your offerings often.
We tried to stay out of the seams as much as we could.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Thanks for the info fry,going over for a few days at the end of the the month.Hope to hook a few. :dance:
R.R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts