IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With GI Joes putting the kwikies on sale (and FMS likely to follow) how about some talk about preferred colors for those soon-to-arrive Tilly hogs?

This spring we finaly mastered a few of the basics of kwikfishing and had a kick fishing them for Columbia springers. Now, I like to try 'em out in Tillamook bay as an occasional alternative to herring. It seems like I've mostly seen folks using the K16 in silver w/chartreuse bill, but are there other hot color patterns that are must-haves for the bay and tidewater?

[ 09-07-2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: garyk ]

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I pretty much run the same ones year round, moving up to the 16's when in the smaller rivers.

Colors are the same as springers,wrap 'em up, scent 'em up, tune 'em up,toss 'em behind the boat and start trolling. Make sure the hooks are ultra sharp, and don't forget the whole "wait,wait,wait" routine. Typically I clip them on the same set-up as I'm running for spinners in the upper bay, seems to work ok for me.

If there were any must have colors, I would have to say that all my k-fish must have silver, and/or chartreuse somewhere on it. :grin:

It's all about that confidence baby ! :grin: :cheers:

Chris :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts