IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hey,
Well I went over to Tillamook Bay for the same surf perch that I pounded the weekend before nd they were long gone. I had a couple of good strikes early and missed on all of them but the grass is very thick so after about 30 minutes I moved onto crabbing. The crabbing in the bay was great we got 25 in about 3 hours and all of them were hard. The fishing in the bay is slow at best. I did see some rock fish caught in the jetty and marked some fish that I believed to be salmon on our fiish finder. I did not see any fish landed but heard of 1 fish that was taken in the jaws on cut plug. When cleaning our crab at the old mill I saw a guide who's name I forgot and he said that he fished hard for 2 fish which were in the 15 pound range. He heard of a guide who went to the back of the bay and actually tried pulling spinners and did not get a single takedown so that is still yet to come.
well good luck and pray for rain.

Salmonberry Jeff

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTT.

So did no one fish the Tillamook area this past weekend ?????

Sometime this means the fishing may be good and no one is saying anything or there is no pressure at all which I find hard to believe.

I hope to go down there next weekend and would appreciate any info throughout this week.

Thanks Much.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Look at Zaq's report....

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
steelhead22,

Are you suggesting that one not fish the entire bay or just a specific part of the bay that you would not fish.

If I were to fish I would be in a 18.5' gregor with 60 merc and 8 yami.

Maybe the crabbing will be better.

EK!

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SH22,

I figured as much. By the looks of the carrot report I figured it wouldn't take a Kentuckian
to figure out that there may be some fish around down there.

I probably will be down there if not in the Hog Hunter, by other means.

Thanks all, and if there are any other reports throughout the week let us all know.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
El-Kabong- I'm just messing around. There's should be some really good fishing over there, at least I hope so as I'll probably be fishing it. Out by the Jetty is probably your best bet, but please know what your in for before you head that way. Head into Marie's shop in Tillamook, she'll give you more info than you'll know what to do with. She can tell you where, when, how, and with what to fish and crab with, and she probably has some maps of the bay also, or knows where you can get them. If your going to salmon fish, make sure you get some of her sticky shrimp scent :wink: :grin: .

·
Registered
554 Posts
I fished the lower Trask this last weekend and didn't spot any cohos or fall kings. The river is full of springers spawning all over the place though. It was interesting to see two 30 pounders spawning. The coho jacks should be coming in soon. It won't be long!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
We fished the t-bay area on Sat. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. stayed out side for a few hours saw nothing caught. Went inside and fished the north jetty saw 3 caught their for the day. Last weekend was a hole lot better. :depressed: :depressed:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I talked to Val at Garibaldi Marina this afternoon and she said it was very good today. She said "many boats were in by noon with their fish" ...you can interpret what that means. I've always thought her and Jeff give pretty honest reports.

Hope to go down there Wednesday....Will have an open seat. Anyone interested, please e-mail me by tomorrow.

Bullhead Out!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I may be wrong I may be right...

But if it rains this week like they say it will...TONIGHT
SW WIND 20 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 6 FT AT 8
SECONDS. CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING. RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

TUE
SW WIND 20 KT...BECOMING W 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND
WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 7 FT AT 8 SECONDS. RAIN CHANGING TO SHOWERS.
A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF CASCADE HEAD.

TUE NIGHT
NW WIND 15 KT...BECOMING SW 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 7 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

WED
W WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.

My suggestion is to be here...PERIOD!

Fish T-Bay. Fish the Jaws and Fish the Upper Bay with Spinners!

But BE HERE! (if it rains)

So look for rain first!

Then all LLLL with break loose!

Who wants to make a bet...that fishing will be good this weekend?

Are you ready???

MW

[ 09-15-2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it rains you are definately right.

May have to sneak out from work on Wednesday.

Thanks for the updates.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The word I got was it is good if you can get out ....lots of weeds inside ...I will be there on wednesday ...blue NR with blue top ...Good luck to ya'll ...swampy

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shane & ZaQ,

I saw that report but I thought that was a Nehalem Bay day. :shrug:

Thanks for the update.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
Do not fish Tillamook Bay. There are no fish there :wink: . Whatever you do, don't fish it this weekend after it rains all week, there will be no new fish moving in,it will be terrible :rolleyes: . I repeat, there are no fish in Tillamook Bay. Or...I'll see ya there, I think I'm headed over to stay at our house in Netarts thats exactly 7 minutes from the Memaloose Boat Ramp. If ya' see a little 16' Smokercraft Alaskan with a dude in a black hooded sweatshirt, that's me, say hello.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Captain and Marie,

I am goning to be taking my first attempt at crabbing in Tillamook this coming weekend. Would you care to share where you were crabbing out there? were you using tuna carcasses?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

EK

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
At my place it rained 1/2 inch over night, and they said it would be 1/4 inch ALL day.

The Huge puddle in my front yard tells a wet story.

And more rain is expected!

930 AM PDT TUE SEP 16 2003

TODAY
SW WIND 15 KT...BECOMING NW IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES
3 FT. W SWELL 4 FT 9 SECONDS...BUILDING TO 7 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.
SHOWERS AND A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

TONIGHT
NW WIND 15 KT...EASING TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND
WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 7 FT AT 8 SECONDS. SCATTERED SHOWERS IN THE
EVENING. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

WED
S WIND 10 KT...BECOMING SW 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND
WAVES 3 FT. NW SWELL 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING.

Thanks,
Marie

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Marie,

Are a lot of people coming in to your store today? I bet it is going to turn on today & tomorrow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We fished the ocean out of Garibaldi Sat, Sun and part of Monday. Found a good bite Saturday morning landing three nice chinook up to 25#. Couldn't keep the coho off our lines, must have hooked ten, but happy to say all were released in good health.

Sunday we found a decent bite in the morning, landing two nice chinook, the largest being 33#. :grin: Strange, but it slowed considerably after 10:00 or so, might have been the change in the weather as a slight squall blew through and was a windy afternoon. The fish and game guy said not nearly as many fished checked Sunday vs Saturday.

Monday looked to be the perfect day with no wind, however the coasties closed the bar for much of the morning. The bar was a bit snotty, I think as a result of last nights rain pushing in.

Bullhead, I'm not sure if Val was talking about yesterday morning, but I don't think anyone caught much in the bay until at least after the tide change after 10:00. No one got out of the bay until after that, and looks like they were pulled back in a short time later.

The fish are definately around, can't wait for Saturday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts