IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I spend a ton of time down at Netarts crabbing, clamming and such. I do a fair amount of both up at Jetty Fishery, but I do not spend a lot of time in Tillamook bay.

I have a 16' drift boat with a nice kicker on it. Question is what might i expect to catch fish wise in the bay this time of the year. Any tips tricks, places to stay away from in that bay?

Any info on the bay would be great.

As always thanks for the help team.
KillaZ

·
Registered
376 Posts
I fish the bay often. We drift along the rocks throwing swim baits or we sit on anchor with dropper rig and shrimp. Sea bass, perch. green lings, and all sorts of fish. Nice part is having areas to tuck away and get out of the weather or larger swells.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fish the bay often. We drift along the rocks throwing swim baits or we sit on anchor with dropper rig and shrimp. Sea bass, perch. green lings, and all sorts of fish. Nice part is having areas to tuck away and get out of the weather or larger swells.
You catch those while on anchor in the bay?

·
Registered
40,572 Posts
Yes, if you know where to anchor. It can be really good but don't know about this time of year with all the fresh water going out. If there's a low water period it might be worth a try. There should be Lings on the jetty's any day now.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Anymore insight on where? I always wanted to get close to the rocks at crab harbor and try it, but so far too many crab buoys to navigate through. Also I need a chip for my Garmin, lakevu doesn't have any info on the bay at all, just a blue screen. It's awesome on lakes and rivers though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Head out to the rocks And anchor about 30' to 50' of the rock. Fishing shrimp on dropper rig. Pull anchor and drift with current to change spot. We usually get limits easy. Sometimes we have to play the upgrade game as some can be small. I'm a crappie fisherman so most are bigger then crappie so I'm happy. Last trip out we dropped crab pots and then went fishing. We caught lots of fish and crab on out going and right after good rain. Surprised me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Head out to the rocks And anchor about 30' to 50' of the rock. Fishing shrimp on dropper rig. Pull anchor and drift with current to change spot. We usually get limits easy. Sometimes we have to play the upgrade game as some can be small. I'm a crappie fisherman so most are bigger then crappie so I'm happy. Last trip out we dropped crab pots and then went fishing. We caught lots of fish and crab on out going and right after good rain. Surprised me.
So you anchor right along side the jetty about 30-50ft out?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes. Do bring lots of bait. Clam necks, sand shrimp, even cocktail shrimp, or sand worms by Berkley. Lots of fish to be had and your not limited by conditions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes. Do bring lots of bait. Clam necks, sand shrimp, even cocktail shrimp, or sand worms by Berkley. Lots of fish to be had and your not limited by conditions.
Interesting. Safety wise when is the best time to throw the anchor with the tide?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts