IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm in charge of putting together a mid October half or full day excursion on Tillamook Bay (am I too late?). I'm going to have a group of 8. Any suggestions for a guide? I imagine we'll have to go 4 and 4, but that's no problem. I'm still new to the NW and have only been fishing the Deschutes and Clackamas so far, so any bit of info about the coast would be helpful.

Also, most of the group doesn't fish much, so I chose Tillamook Bay in October because I've been hearing that it would provide the best chance to catch salmon for a large group that time of year. I'll be happy just being on the water, but I figure I should give everybody else the best shot I can at landing a fish. If I'm wrong on this assumption about Tillamook in Oct, please feel free to suggest another spot.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
41,347 Posts
The best place to start is the list of guides on the front page of Ifish. Even if those guides are booked, they can help you find someone with an open day.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If I were you I would get on the phone with a few on the guides page and get my name on the list just in case they have a cancellation. Most of the good reputable guides book their seasons quite a ways in advance. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
Terry Seamster is a great conversationalist. I would hire him in a minute!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The best place to start is the list of guides on the front page of Ifish. Even if those guides are booked, they can help you find someone with an open day.
David Johnson is basically booked, but he can line you up if he does not have an opening....and Chris V is another great choice....also what Pete said

·
Registered
240 Posts
David Johnson and Chris Vertopolous, they're both great but popular so good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts