IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jet sled that has a outboard jet with tiller on it. How do you people that have outboard jet tillers strap your motor down during transit on the trailer.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey worldly,
I use the tag end of my tiedown strap, its long enough for two wraps and two half hitches around the tiller. Works great and I don't have any extra rope, cord or bungee all three of which I have used.

Jim

·
Registered
182 Posts
either with a bungy over the handle to the motor well....or handle under the gunnel tie down strap and tilt motor up into strap until snug. Russ

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I just use a low-tension bungee. You don't need a lot of force to hold it. Actually, I don't even bother with it half the time. No biggie if the motor swings around a little as long as the "co-pilot" screw is adjusted properly. If it's too loose, the motor can bang around from side-to-side. I don't tilt the motor during transit, which makes a big difference.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Go get yourself one of these at Steven's. No more bungee cords for me. Thanks to ****** for steering me in that direction.

Mark

[ 08-31-2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts