IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever use tides.com on the ifish front page? it doesnt seem to jive with my tide book at home. tide time is off by an hour or so and the heighth of the tide is off by 3 to 3.5 ft. now i know my book was right last week. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Husker,

Hmmm...tides.com seems about right compared to my NW Steelheaders tide book I got at Fishermans.

I use Ellsworth, WA (this is the closest to the Sandy River area) and it seems OK.

I wouldn't go by the amount of tide change if you are upriver, many tide companies won't even predict for non-coastal due to affect of dam releases.

Brion

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tides.com is pretty good but gives data only for
"today" and "tomorrow". I like being able to see data for Ellsworth but maybe for like the whole year. Anybody know where I could find that??

[ 07-18-2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: MicroFish ]

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Linked off the front page of Ifish, on the Ifish Data Sites page, is Updated Tide Table ... it lets you chose any location, for any time period through the end of the year and displays a graphic representation for any time period from one day to a month.

·
Registered
172 Posts
over the last couple of weeks I have used it,I was fishing around Cathlamet Wash.. I have to say it was way off at least 3-4 times. The tides were 2-2 1/2 hrs off.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I got some strange results last week when using tides.com. Haven't tried it this week.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Pete,

FYI...looking at Tides.com and Fishingworks.com for Ellsworth, WA for today, both show high tide at 12:02 PM.

The look to be identical.

Brion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts