IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this web site.

www.duckcentral.com/daily_tideA.htm

It's the one I always check for tide status. I like to have a pictue!

Here is an example of each days tide.

Hope everyone likes it as much as me... :smile:

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
Looks like they use the same software package as the tide predicter linked on the front page of Ifish at Tides.com

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well DUH! What are you guys trying to do, get us to never leave this site?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I use a free tide program called WX-Tide32. You can set it up for any tide station you want, I have it setup for all the places that I fish on the Columbia from B-10 to kelly point. You set it up with the corrections. Just click your station and see the corrected time. I even have some custom setups in places that I fish between the book stations. You set your custon colors, fonts, etc....

It shows alot of info. graphs, mean low water, mean high water, moon, sun ..you name it. you can click any point on the graph and it will show info for that time..it puts a + (plus sign) at the present time in the tide..Great program

Best part is it works and it free
Download

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks Wright Angle....That looks like a great tide program. I am downloading it this am...

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
OK, I'm dumb. How are you using it when there's no reporting stations listed for St.Helens. MultChannel, Kelly Point, etc?

All's I see is 'Vancouver (dubious accuracy)'

The data is displayed nicely, but I'd really like to select it for St.Helens?

·
Registered
382 Posts
garyk, you have to set it up to show what you want. I set up Longview as a Custom station..by finding Astoria in the program then looking in your tide book to see the corrected time then click on file in the program and click on custom station and set it up...name it and save it ...then when you want to see your custom station click on file then on load configuration file and pick the one you want...you can even setup a short cut on your desk top for your station...they talk about some of this on their web site...its all in the help files...I hope Im helping ? Wright Angle

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
Thanks for the tips WrightAngle, I didn't have too much time to explore the program.

Anyway, man, from custom scupper alterations to computer programming - you 'da man! :bowdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts