IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking real hard at the Thunder Jet Luxor sportjet 240. What a boat for the Buck! Does anyone out there own one of these? If so, how do you like the performance and moreover the fishability? This way more boat than I was looking for , but my wife says she will bury me in this one ,so I figure I'd better make it a good one.I would appreciate any feedback I can get as I'll be doing this pretty soon. Thanks in advance. Empty Netter.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
The search function will tell you more than you wanted to know

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Oh boy a new TJ thread...not.

Really we have tons here already, like Salmon said use the search function.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
353 Posts
I own one and love it! great bang for the buck. The 240 performs great and cold starts are not a problem with the efi. I have a windsheild model and its alittle hard toside drift out of but who cares. My opinion .... Buy It :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
After a recent experience, (this last weekend) there is only One brand of boat I will Ever recommend. If there is a need for me to get a Bigger Boat The same holds true--Custom Weld-- :dance:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mx Man, Tell us about it, in your vast experience of boat ownership. What do you float around in?? Or are you just another one of those No Nothing, No It Alls!! Back At Ya! (Stupid Icon) :mad:

[ 05-21-2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Worm-N-ator ]

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I heard that the Thunder Jets have probelems with cracking around the rear of the hull. Don't buy a noisy Inboard!!!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thunder Jet's web site doesn't have a lot of info. Does anyone know what the deadrise is on the Luxor? The North River Mariner is 12 degrees and the SeaHawk is 14/29 in the 20'. The Mariner looks like it might ride rough in big water. What would be a good deadrise for main use in the Columbia / Buoy 10?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have been looking around for a new boat also. I agree that for what I have been seeing for new boats, ThunderJet has the best bang for the buck. Sounds like your wife is pretty cool, like mine :smile: . We weren't planning on buying such an expensive boat either, but after a lot of discussion and thought we pick up our new Alexis tomorrow. I have been told we will have this until our kids are out of college (We don't have kids yet). Just make sure you evaluate your current and future needs; is it big enough for your family, is the engine big enough to do what you want (water ski, run up the river, just fish). The Luxor looks like a really nice boat and I am sure it will be enjoyable out on the water.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
rv10pilot; Congrats on your new boat! :dance: If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for the Alexis? Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It has a few extra options on it than the base, painted gunwales, swivels on the front seats, polished rails, TA trailer, Electric kicker bracket, and 9.9 4-stroke kicker. Siglers has a $2000 off promotion so my cost came to $39000. A lot of money, but if it is what you enjoy why not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Worm-n-ator~
Chill out man, no need to be hostile. You'de be surprised how much boat experience I have. You might also see me out in my North River. I dont think Custom welds are bad, I just dont think they are the quality of any North River :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have a friend who put a hole in the bottom of his North River and it wasn't from a stick or rock. All the brands are probably good, but each have their downfalls as well.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts