IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those eggs worked great so far. I've got more curing right now. I think between a friend and me, we have about 12 on the eggs (and a few with the rubber hook release method), with the biggest I got at 42 (actually, this one was on a spinner), 40, 38, 36, and 36 pounds and some smaller. I did use Marie's sticky scents also, so I need to give her credit too.

Thanks again!!!

How did you do up north?

SKP

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
SKP --- Heck, if I'd known that they would work I wouldn't have given them to you. :depressed: Did you try curing the bulk eggs, and if so, how have they done?

We did OK in Alaska, but not as great as some previous years. Brought back about half the number of fish boxes. The cannery said they were down about 75% for the silver run.

I think the eggs we brought back were a bit nicer.

If I can manage to stay upright and taking nourishment we'll be back there next year for our 28th straight!!!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm ready for a new batch! Can't seem to keep them dang chinook off my lines while perch fishing under a bobber! Dang chinook pogeys.
:wink:
SKP

Borax toughened 'em up after curing. Haven't caught any on the cured ones, just the raw ones I cured. :shrug: Although my friend did.

But, the last several in a row have been bucks. I've caught only 1 hen on these eggs, a 16 pounder with springer size eggs. :shrug: Could it be that bucks are attacking the coho scent for territorial reasons? I don't know.

[ 10-24-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts