IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went over to three rivers this morning. As soon as I got there I went down to the ole fishing hole and threw my trusty spinner in the drift. after a few casts, I got slammed, and it came unbuttoned as soon as it hit. I tried there for a bit longer then moved down to the next pocket for about a half an hour. after no luck I went back up to the other spot and I got hit again this time I got her in, nice hatchery fish, BONK,I moved up river a ways and was fishing pretty close to shore when I got hammered once again. This fish was big, I got to see a glimpse of it then it was gone. Might have been a native fish. The bite was on this morning I just wish I would have gotten there a bit earlier. I didnt arrive until about 9:15 and I was home by 12:00.

· Registered
2,120 Posts
Nice Fishy!
How were the roads over and back? Thinking about going over in the a.m.. If anyone wants ato ride along give me a jingle(assuming the roads are o.k.). John 503-551-3914

· Registered
3,392 Posts
SARCASM> Wah, wah, wah, Why do you post about Three Rivers? Why do you have to tell everyone where you are catching fish? Why did you catch a fish and not me? Why wasn't this posted by Kentucky Hog Hunter? Wah, Wah, Wah. Why didn't you post about all the other rivers where fish are also getting slammed. Whine, whine, whine. Grumble grumble, grumble.
Why can't I go fishing? <SARCASM

Oh, I'm just kidding :grin: . There has been a lot of whiners lateley, and I'm tired of them. Great post and picture!!!!! Honestly, I think a lot of these negative posts are from kids playing games on ifish. Take a note of the times the whiner posts are made, and you'll see that's probably true. I'm not going to let a couple of punk kids ruin my posts. :grin: Don't let them ruin yours either.

Keep the pictures and posts coming. Posts do not increase the pressure of fishing areas. A post just alerts all fishermen that fish are in at the coast, and it doesn't matter what river you go to. If you think that Three Rivers pressure will increase tomorrow, you are wrong. I bet everyone planning on going to the Wilson, Trask, Alsea, Siletz, and all the other coastal streams do not change their AM plans to go to Three Rivers or to any other river for that matter. Sometimes you win, sometimes the fish win.

The real intention of these posts are to keep people from the Tualtin River anyway. :shocked:

SKP :grin:

· Registered
11,565 Posts
Originally posted by SKP:

Keep the pictures and posts coming. Posts do not increase the pressure of fishing areas. A post just alerts all fishermen that fish are in at the coast, and it doesn't matter what river you go to. If you think that Three Rivers pressure will increase tomorrow, you are wrong. I bet everyone planning on going to the Wilson, Trask, Alsea, Siletz, and all the other coastal streams do not change their AM plans to go to Three Rivers or to any other river for that matter. Sometimes you win, sometimes the fish win.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Skp,
Dollars for donuts all of the big rivers you listed will be pretty close to, or if not blown out. And if you think that posts with pictures don't add pressure, your sorely mistaken. There are 5000 people reading this site a day, and everyone talks. When there were posts on the little Nestucca being, hot the # of fishermen went up there significantly... Like from 50 one weekend to 200 the next :mad: , more than I have ever seen there.. Funny thing was, when I asked around the bank, most people were from pdx there for the first time and heard about it from a friend or the internet :rolleyes: . Thank god it was a slow day so most of those people didn't return the next weekend. :grin:

Everyone likes pictures (me too) :grin: but I personally don't like seeing more promotion of places. I prefer more promotion of techniques. No offense to SS, but anyone can catch a steelhead in that fishbowl (lord knows it puts out a few to my doughball hiney :wink: ) but if you know techniques and how to read water it will allow you a much more enjoyable expirience and give you the opportunity to catch more steelhead 12 months of the year instead of 3. Bottom line IMHO, learn how to fish.. Not where to fish.

Disclaimer: Steelheadslayer2001, I don't know you and am in no way trying to insult you.

[ 01-08-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

· Registered
3,392 Posts
When the big rivers are blown, the non-blown rivers naturally get a lot more pressure, and that's not from ifish.

Posted by Willametteriveroutlaw: Bottom line IMHO, learn how to fish.. Not where to fish.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">What's up with that sny remark? Ifish doesn't need this. :shrug: Please keep ifish fun!

When I catch a fish in a non-combat zone, you'll never see that post or picture from me. For example, in December, I fished a river alone with a buddy of mine. We each got one, lost one. I didn't post that. But combat zones are no secret.

SKP

· Registered
3,392 Posts
I caught a fish recently with an orange corkie, pink yarn, and shrimp scent fished 19 inches below my 2/0 hook with .02 pounds of lead, fishing about 17 feet below the, well, never mind.

SKP :grin:

· Registered
11,565 Posts
I was more posting in general responding to your little Rant about how nobody likes reports with places in them and how dare they not want more people to show up in a well known spot. Three rivers has always been crowded, but having atleast 1 topic on the front page with three rivers all steelhead season in it doesn't help any :rolleyes: .
And if you felt offended...it happens get over it.

[ 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

· Registered
283 Posts
Hey willamette river outlaw first of all i would like to thank the people who post pics and details about their fishing trips it makes new fisherman as myself more motivated to go and besides if you have the talent or knowledge to catch fish it shouldn't matter how much is told or shown the experience you have fishing should be evident by your catching or not catching . P.s. please do not use colorful words in your posts, there are children who do not need to be exposed to that in this forum thanks :hoboy: :rolleyes: :shrug: hankstr

[ 01-09-2004, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: hankstr ]

3,761 Posts
SKP... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Very Nice

SS2001 - You da man...thats a beauty...I had a feeling today would be a good day for those who tried...

Me...cramped in an office where no one was and wishin I was fishin

Great job, great fish & good story...thanks for sharing...

· Registered
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont fish up in the combat zone at the hatchery. I was fishing down by the S curves. I only saw three other people down there, A guy and his 2 children, trying to get into a steelie. I had it all to myself for about 2 hours. The roads were fine except for all the truckers coming down the road. would be great if they would stay in their own lane. :hoboy: there is a little snow/ice up by summit on 22 but after dolph junction it was smooth sailing 55 all the way. Good luck to you all in the morning. I have to work and the river was on the rise. hint: BLUE FOX ALL CHROME SIZE 5 SPINNERS. fish them slow and in their face. cast upstream and bring them back to you. once again good luck. just remember to post your pics. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.