IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to finish up honey do's over the father's day weekend so my wife is giving me a kitchen pass as ya'll call it for this weekend. What should I do? I've been skunked for sturgeon the last three trips to the estuary, there is the santiam for steelhead and salmon, Odell for kokes, Depoe Bay for rockfishing.....or....

Anybody have any hot tips or ideas for me?
Please, I've been on a skunk run since springer season.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The salmon are in the columbia...you have a chance at a steelhead too...might be worth the trip... the santiam is a possibilty too.. beats mowing the lawn.....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The Santiam is full of springers... I hear the water is pretty low if you are drifting below the stayton dam......

[ 06-18-2003, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: tag-a-long ]

·
Registered
13,829 Posts
I think ocean Cohos are opening on Saturday. That is pretty easy salmon fishing.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Depoe Bay for Silvers ... 50 fathom line (or there-about). Lots of Silvers
and an occasional Chinook up high in the water column!!

-assAssin-

[ 06-18-2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: fish assassin ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Best bet is - Summer Chinook on the way down river and Sturgeon in the Estuary. Not that I'm hopefull or anything. Miss B- point you nose west and don't stop til ya hit the salt! :grin:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Mel, shouldn't that read "Miss B, point your nose West and don't stop until we find
TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA!"?!?!?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-assAssin-

[ 06-18-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: fish assassin ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sitka for me and my two boys - their first trip, ages 9 & 13. Used up all my airmiles, can't wait! I will post pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts