IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to go~ Michael! :grin: He lives in Portland

What a great picture! :grin: A BIG Congratulations to Michael who is only 4 years old. Please congratulate Michael on his fine catch of the day! He was fishing the ocean with his dad. Straight out from twin rocks. They were using blue lable herring from TBC.

Thanks for coming by for pictures!

Marie

[ 08-16-2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
908 Posts
Way to go buddy!!

You oregon boys stay away from him...email sent to the Dawgs already...thats a big 4 year old!!

doc

·
Registered
393 Posts
That is one nice picture!! I think Michael has the real fish mojo! He can catch'em and I think his future holds many "Bright" things. :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Who needs a nerf football when you have that? Good job kid! A future carrot teamer? :grin:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nice fish! That kids got some big forearms for a 4 year old!

Seeing this picture brings up a question I've been thinking about the last couple of weeks. I've got a 4 year old (smaller forearms) that I'm wanting to get out salmon fishing (tolling in the bay) in a couple of weeks. How much is Dad allowed to help? I'm a little nervous that one of my rods could end up in the bottom of the bay. Should I get him a harvest tag, and run two rods? Or just run one rod and help him a lot and put the fish on mine? Any opinions/thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nice slimey shirt, and BTW nice fishey.
Don't stop fishing until your really old, then just fish a little more than you used to. :dance:

·
Registered
534 Posts
DB: I asked the same guestion to some gamies @ Bonnie one day fishing from the bank. They said it will be fine to cast out, set hook, hand off and help son pump rod while he reeled. Never did give him a chance that day but took him out in boat casted, set hook, gave him rod and let him reel and I pumped rod with him this was great practice for him it took 2 fish and he has been on his own since. But of course it all depends on the boss with the pad. I'm sure they would love to see a kid get involved in fishing. Get him a card and go for it....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Marie for the pic post. I think that you got him going as much as the fish did. He keeps talking about his fish and about how proud Marie was of him. And thanks for carrying great bait.

For you that asked about getting your yough ones fishing, you do have to purchase a tag but the fishing license is free.

[ 08-18-2003, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: look4elk ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Children are our future!

And fishermen are the Greatest People in the World!

Michaels picture will be in my *Young Anglers Book* and when he grow up he will be able to show it to his children,

What a Great Memory Book!

Thanks for coming by for pictures!

Marie

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
GREAT FISH MICHEAL. :dance: :dance: :dance: WAY TO GO BUDDY. I HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE FISH TO SHOW IS IN THE FUTURE : :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts