IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday while My party was taking our boat out of the water,we heard of 2 trucks being stolen from the parking lot,they unhooked the trailors and drove off.Now that takes balls.So guys and gals lock those trailers on it might help some.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Ron...glad it wasn't me :smile: All i can say is.. "get a rope" :mad:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
676 Posts
always been a problem there,last year got there early 3:30am and all the vehicals in the parking lot had there windows broken out,,,,,,,sure would like to catch them,,,might put a damper on it if the police would mount a sting operation down there,maybe bait them with a unlocked trailer and a few items on the front seat,,make it errisitable to them, would be kinda fun to see them squirm surrounded by a bunch of ****ed off fisherman,just my 2 cents anyway

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
always been a problem there,last year got there early 3:30am and all the vehicals in the parking lot had there windows broken out
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Huh? I thought they didn't open the gate until 0600. :whazzup:

A friend of mine had his cherry '72 F250 stolen from there while he was taking a guy for a test ride in a boat he was selling. The thief didn't leave the trailer.
That place needs a security patrol. I'd pay an extra $1 or $2 for some peace of mind and the ability to use the ramp 24 hours. A lot of ramps are $6 anyway so a $2 increase wouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
676 Posts
thats the way it used to be,the gate now has to be left open for safty reasons,the thieving that goes on there is rediculous and the police know of the problem,guess it is another budgeting problem, not enough police to cover all the bases

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Well, I'd guess it's because the launch belongs to Metro, and even though the MC river patrol has a boathouse there nobody seems obliged to patrol it.
Steal a truck under the river patrol's noses, that's fine. But God help you if you have expired tags on your boat, or worse yet let your fire extinguisher go dead.
Busting thieves does not generate revenue. It costs money.
Harassing taxpaying boaters is much more profitable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts