IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Too funny! When I got in the boat this morning, the boat next to me had some Powerbait in it, just like mine... but you know what? I forgot mine! ARGH!

So, I went frantically looking in the boat, and the only thing I could come up with is the exact same thing, but in liquid. Powerbait liquid trout attractant. :smile:

I laughed. It's a joke, right? It doesn't really work, right?

So, I fish and I fish and I fish, and no fish are caught at all, all morning.

I finally snuck out the trout attractant, and put it on, without Bill seeing it.

WHAMMO! I couldn't believe it! So then, Lee Darby puts some on, (or he said he did) and WHAMMO!

????

What's the deal with this?

I'm buying stock in Power Bait, that's the deal! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jennie, You know, I was always reluctant to mention that I've caught em on trout powerbait and of course even skeptical that it was maybe just luck.

But now, you've come out!!!! It's public, it really does work :tongue:

Like you it was thru an odd set of circumstances that I began to try it a few years ago. Then one day I was fishing clear water with another person and sure enough our two baits almost side-by-side and the fish actually moved away from the other bait to bite my PB scented stuff.

I have no idea why "trout" PB works, but Ive been using it with eggs, and sometimes on its own, and it seems to work.

Anyone else have similar experience?

·
Registered
676 Posts
:cheers: :dance: "good job jennie"!!!!!!!!!now the big question :shrug: where and on what did this powerbait go?

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This time I was using a beautiful peach colored spinner with a blade by G Spot Blades.

Sharpened my hooks about 10 times during the trip. :smile: I'm glad I did!

Funny thing, I was bouncing on bottom, and it was the classic slack bite, where all motion stops on your spinner. You think, uh... what's going on her...HIT IT! UH HUH! He's there!

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

One side for my nephew's graduation party, one for Bill's nephew's graduation party, one for the family get together at Black Butte.... :smile: :smile: :smile:

These filets are 23 inches long! :smile: Does it get any better than this?

My freezer is going to be full now! :smile:

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually... it shouldn't be... I wasn't going to tell the whole truth, but I guess, in her honor, I will.

Along with the powerbait, I also added some of Marie's shrimp scent... (Do I ever not add her scents?) and if you don't believe me, you can ask Lee Darby. :smile:

OK, the truth is out.

Jen

G

·
Looks like Marie should have a brand new "Power Bait for sale" display at her store soon? :grin:

Bring back the "I hate Springer's" thread?

Nah. :tongue:

Salmon Woman!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
OK I will admit it for the rest of my team... Carrot Milk was trout powerbiat gel stuff. I guess the secret is really out! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Dag gone it Shane, when I saw all this talk about power bait, I was hoping we were going to let it slide into the past.
The orange power bait is what we were using on our kwikers, it really does work. Who would have known? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Jennie,
Seriously, How did you find out? Well, I knew it would come out eventually.

Like ZaQ said "Orange" :wink:

Nice Fish Jen :cheers:

Bobby

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good job Jenny! Another great looking fish, How much did this one weigh? I would trade a couple fish I caught earlier this spring for either one of those fish! I'm guessing it has more to do with Carma than power bait :wink:

Are the Tillamook Springers larger than the Columbia run in general or are you just Catching all the big ones?

How long does the Tillamook run last, I'm guessing it is a little later -like the fall run. Are you fishing with a guide?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Are you carrot milk guy's serious! I've had the stuff in my tackle box all along but never tried it.
If you are serious then that just makes me :mad:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Serious as a heart attack Salmon Stryker :shocked: I can't believe someone figured it out then posted it up
I'm tellin you this stuff is the shiznit for salmon :bowdown:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing I've learned for sure, is that you can't believe the carrot crew.
I've heard them tell numerous people, that seriously, it is numerous things... From Sturgeon Coctail, to whatever the familiy in the boat next to them was using.

You just can't believe a carrot when it looks you in the face. Trust me.

...and no, not fishing with a guide... just Bill! Bill was a guide for several years, but now he is just my personal guide and friend. :smile: The fish weighed in a 20 pounds.
Tillamook Bay Springers do usually run larger than the average springer... Plus, this year it is predicted that there will be more 5 and 6 year olds. I would guess my first one to be one of those.

Jen

[ 05-23-2003, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jen, awesome fish! Do me a favor tell Lee Darby hello for me we use to work together in his past life (I'm still there) he is a great guy that is always going to go out of his way to make the boat happy. Thanks Shane E....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts