IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pop's went out about 3 pm in search of Springers. He was done by 4:45 with two nice keepers in the 24 to 26 range. Came by and picked me up from work at 5:45pm and sat in the boat while I fished.

Long story short....release two natives in less than 20 minutes. first one in the 22 to 24 range and the second was a monster. Pushing 32 to 35 range is my best guess. BIG FISH!!! Kicked my tail too. :dance: Thanks for the visit from our friends the Springers. You made me smile last night.

I think Pop's and I are in a zone or something right now. Nice to be out of the fog. Now back to work I go.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Where were you guys fishing? and with what?

COngragulations on a pig of a fish.

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the river. :grin: Certainly you can understand that other people are fishing in the same area so I really respectfully decline to answer your question. I hope you are not offended. Normally, I would share but I have been sworn to secrecy. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I bet that if I was in the boat with you it'd kill the bite! :wink: I think I've got BOE syndrome. If it's communacable, I have engaged in high risk behavior. :grin: I haven't gotten a springer since april 4th.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Now Iknow why BOE has taken up with the Salties and has a Halibut and Tuna itch. If he kills the bite in hte Ocean this year I'm gunna be..
:mad:
:mad: :wink:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hey Mel,

As long as he only kills the bite for the folks on the NORTHERN Oregon Coast, that
would be all right (IMHO)!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-assAssin-

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BOE in the ocean!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I am selling my boat! :wink:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
C&E- it's true- he's been hanging out on the Salty board for while and now I know what he's up to. He came over to spread the skunk around. He's still claiming he's innocent but... well you know.

I'm drawing up plans for "the plank" tonight just in case he shows up at the CR. Going to have to be a pretty stout plank! :wink: :cheers:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mel, just be sure to chum the water before you make him walk it. :shocked:

Ryan, you need someone that is a seasoned springer fisher. Now Roy is seasoned alright but essence of skunk is not exactly the scent the fish are looking for. :grin:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey Bernie:
Thanks for "holding the secret", :grin: ... Rod, Billy, and I hit it this morning and had 5 fish on. Rod landed a native, I landed a native, and Billy got a keeper.
I also had 2 other fish on. One came unbuttoned :shrug: and the other got run over by another boater and I lost it. :mad: :mad: May fish again tomorrow...I've got to get another springer before I leave for Miami (going fly fishing for Tarpon with my son) :cheers: Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts