IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unoffical word is the Columbia will open again this week!

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
That's pretty fast...beat me by a coupla minutes.
Official word is the same...but only through this week, then the days of the 14 and 15th, then closes to springers...reopens the 16th for summer steelhead.
They'll meet the last week of this month to talk about a June opening on summer chinook. One possibility is opening June 16.
Above Bonneville is the same dates as below I-5. I-5 to Bonneville stays closed.
Gonna go write the story now.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
WHOOO HOOOOO!! They've given me yet another chance to capture the elusive springer! :dance:

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
email me an address...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I want to know why they won't let MrDorkfish
play on his home court :shrug:
Hello??? Clipped fish are the target...Open it all up :rolleyes:I promise i won't squeeze the guts out of the Natives :tongue: :laugh:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 05-05-2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Open in June..Wahoo..Let them June HOGS in!!!! BONK BONK BONK!! Hope this turns out to be true! :grin:

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Cannonball, still only Wednesday through Saturday from I-5 Bridge to Bouy 10.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I am wondering what I am missing here. I thought that the estimated columbia Springer run was about 145,000 fish, and so far there have been about 147,000 springers counted at Bonneville.

Now I know that the estimate is just that, an estimate, so keeping it open longer sounds great, but if the fish have passed the dam, then why the opening and closing schedule at all?

mgm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts