IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well that happened quickly.
A little technology and experienced driven strategy made a very successful plan, again!
Bravo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Certainly not to hijack just trying to educate myself and maybe others. Is there a requirement to salvage as much meat as possible with a cougar, and if not tooth, head etc. I cannot imagine from the looks of body size and worn tooth size that old cat would produce any table fare, Santiam or others???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Certainly not to hijack just trying to educate myself and maybe others. Is there a requirement to salvage as much meat as possible with a cougar, and if not tooth, head etc. I cannot imagine from the looks of body size and worn tooth size that old cat would produce any table fare, Santiam or others???
Page 15 of the 2022 regulations: It is unlawful to:
“Waste any game mammals or edible portions thereof, except that meat of cougar need not be salvaged. See definition on page 87.”
Normally it would be some of the tastiest big game. But looks like Santiam’s cat was most of the way to jerky.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I can see where a trail cam helped in this hunt. But I can see trail cams especially ones with live internet connection becoming a big issue. Some states already ban them during hunting seasons or restrict what kind of cam you can set up.

Reactions: Rank Amateur
21 - 40 of 49 Posts