IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Good stuff Santiam - another excellent video (y)

Reactions: Santiam338

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Thank you for taking us along on your hunt. Without taking anything away from your efforts and obvious persistence you make a great example for 'hunt smarter...not harder'. Still have to do all the miles, but it's impressive how age and the experience to interpret what's going on out there contributes to success. You have a lifetime of experience you know how to employ and it shows. Congrats. You answer the question of 'how come he always seem to be so successful?' Didn't happen over night, nor did a 7K rifle, 4K worth of clothing and boots, 4K worth of optics, a $500 knife, a 95K truck, or trendy social media make it happen. Got to hunt them where they live even if it's 98 degrees out and uphill. That was a real sweet deal right there.

·
Registered
17,266 Posts
Video of the year! Cool, did you kill your decoy on the first shot, quite the bullet explosion on that one, damn nice shooting on the running shot. Yep, old timer skills all the way. I thought it was a bob too when it was coming up the edge of the road.

Reactions: Santiam338

·
Registered
191 Posts
Awesome video, great job! Incredible how he came in so fast and just grabbed your decoy, not afraid of your scent or anything. Did I hear a vehicle or chainsaw at a few points in your video? If I did that's even more incredible that a cougar wouldn't be afraid to come in to a call with those sounds around. Again, awesome job!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts