IFish Fishing Forum banner

THE ONLY Measure 114 related discussion thread

90100 Views 801 Replies 149 Participants Last post by  Extrapale
This is where all related topics regarding Measure 114 will take place. If you start a thread elsewhere it will not be moved here, it will be removed. We are having to babysit and deal with too many threads on this subject, so to have it all in one place it will be more manageable. Please adhere to the AUP. We know the topic is political, but it's important to our recreational choices as hunters and fishermen. This means keep it civil and on topic.
Reactions: 4
701 - 720 of 802 Posts
Checked my queue status today. Currently at 5156 in line. Started at 10,003. Took me 25 days to get this far. Opened my credit card bill today and I see Sportman's is happy to charge me for a firearm I haven't even picked up yet. Not thrilled about that. Called their 800 number and they swear all refunds will be granted if sale falls through. Still waiting...
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
Checked my queue status today. Currently at 5156 in in line. Started at 10,003. Took me 25 days to get this far. Opened my credit card bill today and I see Sportman's is happy to charge me for a firearm I haven't even picked up yet. Not thrilled about that. Called their 800 number and they swear all refunds will be granted if sale falls through. Still waiting...
It’s probably on layaway ,you still owe them one cent ,.0.01😳🤔
My FFL dealer released my hand gun after a 3 day waiting period.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 4
My FFL dealer released my hand gun after a 3 day waiting period.
Same here although mine was a 1911A1 from the CMP. The CMP runs a NICS background check on their buyers before they will ship to an FFL. So, basically, I had already been declared good to go.

I still had to submit a FICS check to OSP. I don't know if it has cleared or not and I really don't give a hoot if it ever does.

-E-
Called Sportsman's again today. I'm now 3,324 in line. I advanced 1832 spots in 7 days. Getting better. They said I have to resubmit my paper work since it's been over 30 days. They said they call in the background check to OSP over the phone once it's my turn and then can take another 1-7 days. Sucks but I'm not in a hurry. Still not happy about the credit card bill.
  • Haha
  • Helpful
Reactions: 3
Saturday bump just cuz FDU took out Purdue yesterday 😂
Any recent reports on a rough idea of current wait time?
Purchased Saturday and picked up Wednesday. Not too bad.
Reactions: 1
That would be via the 3 business day "Charleston" route. There's still 20k plus in the queue if you're not instantly approved and have to wait the duration. Realistically it's probably 2-3 months.
Nope. I entered the queue about the mid point and got a clear BG check. It just happened to be about 2 business days.
Nope. I entered the queue about the mid point and got a clear BG check. It just happened to be about 2 business days.
How do you enter the queue in the middle of the line...?
I don't know. I just filled out the form like I always do.
I called Sportsman's today. I'm about 1500 in line now. Maybe another week and I'll be done.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
This just popped up on my OSSA e-mail.

The original SB348 was to have DOJ study the problem of unlawful firearms.

It has subsequently been severely amended.

Made a quick run thru of the text and it's apparently an attempt to repeal/rewrite Measure 114 to get around the pending court cases while adding the current crop of new bills under consideration (ie,HB 2005/6/7).

The magazine ban would go into effect on 8 Dec 22.

Permits to purchase would be denied to anyone under 21.

Cost of the permit is now $150 vice $65.

The amendment was published Friday and is up for a public hearing on Monday, so yeah, sure looks like they're trying to pull a fast one.

You can tell it's a cut and paste job, since some of the typos from HB2006 like "level action" vice "lever action" are incorporated in this new amendment.

Don't let all the "testimony" fool you. They're all comments on the original text of the bill about the DOJ study. Nobody has addressed the bill as amended, so get on there and give them your two cents worth before Monday.
See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
This just popped up on my OSSA e-mail.

Made a quick run thru of the text and it's apparently an attempt to rewrite Measure 114 to get around the pending court cases while adding the current crop of new bills under consideration (ie, 2005/6/7).

The magazine ban would go into effect on 8 Dec 22.

Permits to purchase would be denied to anyone under 21.

The amendment was published Friday and is up for a public hearing on Monday, so yeah, sure looks they're trying to pull a fast one.

You can tell it's a cut and paste job, since some of the typos from 2006 like "level action" vice "lever action" are incorporated in this new amendment.
a “gut and stuff” 🤔

as April 4 is the next deadline, the urgency is understandable 🤔

the power of being Chair of the committee in action 🤔
Sounds like this is real. OFF sent out notice today. Sure getting tired of this crap year after year.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
  • Helpful
Submit your written testimony, please….

Read others testimony

Submit your testimony
Today will be a fun day (NOT) ☹

Definitely going to be a long one 🤔

3 hours of spoken testimony won’t begin to accommodate everyone who wants to weigh in on this one 🤔
Submit your written testimony, please….

Read others testimony

Submit your testimony
Thanks for posting links. Submitted mine.

Some interesting testimony in there. I even read a letter from Moms Demand Action and Lift Every Voice opposing this bill.
Today will be a fun day (NOT) ☹

Definitely going to be a long one 🤔

3 hours of spoken testimony won’t begin to accommodate everyone who wants to weigh in on this one 🤔
My mistake; 2 hours of spoken testimony 😳
701 - 720 of 802 Posts