IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1008 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
They're here (wolves) west side

In the paper tonight is the first documented grey wolf hit by a vehicle on the west side. The location was up north near snoqualmie pass. If you look up wolf sighting they're are many reports on the west side. This will only increase.

I remember in college taking one course in wildlife management as an elective for a biochem major. The growth rate on wolves and how fast the numbers increase is amazing. 5 ....10 years from now? Season on wolves?

·
Registered
19,924 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Re: There here

There aren't any wolves in Oregon until they are in Portland. Then they will be an issue. Just like lions. They can hang out a hundred yards from a grade school during recess in rural Oregon and ODFW don't care but by golly, show up in Oregon City and the whole world responds.

It would be nice to form a covert dart and transplant team to release them in Forest Park. Do onto others as they constantly do onto you.

Reactions: Reel fortunate

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There aren't any wolves in Oregon until they are in Portland. Then they will be an issue. Just like lions. They can hang out a hundred yards from a grade school during recess in rural Oregon and ODFW don't care but by golly, show up in Oregon City and the whole world responds.

It would be nice to form a covert dart and transplant team to release them in Forest Park. Do onto others as they constantly do onto you.
Probably more people than you think want wolves closer to portland. I'm one of them! I hate the 'us poor country folks' argument, it's lame.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Probably more people than you think want wolves closer to portland. I'm one of them! I hate the 'us poor country folks' argument, it's lame.
Highly unlikely. As with most of your comments, I'd have to disagree. Although I would pay to see you come face to face with a pack of let's say just 10 Wolves. I'd also be willing to bet that would be enough to enlighten you about the cute little fur balls. I know there are more than a few morons out there that don't have children, pet's or neighbors they care about that may want these vermin closer to the City. Oh and some of us poor country folks live in Sherwood. I have kids and pet's and although I do have a couple of crusty old neighbors, I don't think I'd wish a wolf on them. LOL. I for one vote no... :twocents:

·
Administrator
119,761 Posts
A reminder, please...

The rules on ifish for controversial topics are generally, "be nice" and "no personal attacks".

In order to depersonalize posts, we need to stop aiming our thoughts at people we disagree with.

The mods would much rather you moderate yourselves than having to have a moderator do it for you. Please, edit anything that aims negative thoughts at others.

That way, we can carry on a conversation that we can all learn from, without disrupting anything, or leaving any important thoughts out.

Thanks,
Jen

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Highly unlikely. As with most of your comments, I'd have to disagree. Although I would pay to see you come face to face with a pack of let's say just 10 Wolves. I'd also be willing to bet that would be enough to enlighten you about the cute little fur balls. I know there are more than a few morons out there that don't have children, pet's or neighbors they care about that may want these vermin closer to the City. Oh and some of us poor country folks live in Sherwood. I have kids and pet's and although I do have a couple of crusty old neighbors, I don't think I'd wish a wolf on them. LOL. I for one vote no...
You don't have to pay me buddy, I'll be fishing with them this summer. You seem to be making it more of a deal than it really is. If they get close to your kids/house then shoot them. If they are minding their business in the mountains then leave them alone. It's that simple.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You don't have to pay me buddy, I'll be fishing with them this summer. You seem to be making it more of a deal than it really is. If they get close to your kids/house then shoot them. If they are minding their business in the mountains then leave them alone. It's that simple.
The problem is that it isn't that easy." Officer, it was close to my house, so I shot it." Officer says, " This is the first one we have heard of around here in 70 years, and you killed it. See you in federal court with a possible penalty of 5 years and $35000. " PITA and all the rest will have a heyday.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
The problem is that it isn't that easy." Officer, it was close to my house, so I shot it." Officer says, " This is the first one we have heard of around here in 70 years, and you killed it. See you in federal court with a possible penalty of 5 years and $35000. " PITA and all the rest will have a heyday.
It is PETA not PITA.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I thought you said/implied you would like to see them closer to Portland? Which mountain is it you are talking about then? Tabor?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Cascade range, coast range have plenty of habitat, some of which is already being occupied. That is the proximity I'm talking about. Pioneer square and tabor seem a little unrealistic but if that's what you're after to prove your point be my guest. I don't hear about them roaming downtown Pendleton either. Maybe I'm out of the loop. However, I really don't hear much at all about wolf attacks on people? Weird. For those so concerned, we might be more scared of the 2 legged critters driving 70 mph after a 6 pack of coors. They seem to be everywhere. But there isn't much of a campaign against that on here. Oh, I forgot, it's a hunting forum.

1 - 20 of 1008 Posts