IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Official \'Unofficial\' results of Springer

First off, I would like to thank everyone who participated, whether in person or spirit in the event and for those who helped make this a great event.

I would also like to thank Ifish (JEN), Piscatorial Pursuits ( BOB) and Steelheader.net (MARTY) for allowing us to use their bb's to have fun announcing this event and having fun with the smack talk threads.

On to the business matters and to the winners.

The winners are all those who participated. The weather was great, water conditions not too bad and flat allowing for all craft to participate.

At 5 pm we meet at Sand Is. and some showed off their fish.

To Live to Fish (Paul). You met all the unofficial rules and are awarded bragging rights with your entry. Please note that last years winner, Dr. Stranglove (Grahm) did present this years winner with a nice rod and reel...great sportsmanship.

Had these two fish below, met all the rules, good ole Snapshot (Ray)would have swept the event.

Here is shot of some of the folks hanging out enjoying the great bbq ribs that Gutz provided and cooked. Thanks Gutz for the great ribs... :smile:

and for the final act to designate the winners of the baton.

I would like to nominate Team carROT. (Do I need to say why? :grin: )

All those in favor of Team carROT for the baton...sign on here. :smile:

All in all this was another great event and thanks everyone.

Giz...

[ 04-20-2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Gizmo Man ]

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Re: The Official \'Unofficial\' results of Springer

I say give 'em the baton just for making me see evil dancing carrots in my sleep for the last month!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

I knew you guys would feel that way.

We didnt even have 5 posts in that smack thread :shrug: but you guys made us the biggest target! :tongue:

I think but overall I would have to agree since we did have the most fish pictures before the event. :grin: But dont hold your breath because you will be seeing a lot more. :grin:

I guess I can always put that baton in the freezer next to the 200 lbs of springer I have in there to keep it fresh for next years winers... ummm I mean winners :wink:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

It is interesting that all the smack talking bragging pro's that didn't catch a fish are anxious to pick on the Carrot tops. I for one say they should not get it becasue they had the best animation in their posts.

Everyone that chose to boycott the gathering needs to carry the baton and get hit with it once a week.

As for the brave and faithful, may their lines always be tight. IT was great meeting people from Bellevue to Salem that made the effort to show up while a bunch of you local trash talkers didn't show.

The food was great as usual. Live to Fish had great BBQ Pork Ribs, Gutz provided a batch of BBQ Beef ribs, and there was a whole bunch of other good stuff. Top menu went to the Elk Sausage. It was great to meet with Green Butt Skunk, Sky Guy and all you others. There were even a few guest. There may not have been many of us that showed up but it was fun to visit and get to know all of you.

Nice fish Live to Fish, if you plug cut it you may have caught a real one.

It would have been nice to see some of the leadership or some of the sponsers as we all contribute to their succuss.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

Hey 5-Cents. From one baton winner to another stop your whining and step up to the plate and accept the honor that is being bestowed upon you and your team. :grin:

After all the reason I got it for the steelhead challenge was because Giz was on my team. :wink: :shrug:

[ 04-20-2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Stz ll ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

We were droughting out my boat, does that mean my boat gets the baton? :blush:

[ 04-20-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Snapshot you got it all wrong. They are being nominated because they did not show up at the picnic empty handed like those of us who did...

:grin:

Giz

·
Registered
571 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for the great time every one.And thanks gizmo for getting us together.I'am looking forward to doing something like this again.

Snapshot maybe i should have cut plug that thing and tried for a real one. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Gizmo, did everyone stay away because they heard there may be a crow eating contest? Let's not forgot that we have to award the "Crow" trophy onto someone that is deserving.

They would then have to bring it to the next "BIG" event and award it to the new winner at that time.

So, who should get the Top Crow Eating Award this year? I think that Catch and Eat has it and is ready to give it up as his term is over. Unless everyone feels he earned it again. I think he may have caught a fish though.

Was it Brad that brought the Elk Sausage? thanks again it was great.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts

Thanks Giz for pulling this event together. It was great to meet and share stories with everyone. Hopefully s number III will occur next year!

Thanks, again! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Hey Giz,

Thanks for setting up this years flotilla :cheers:

We all had fun with it and that was the objective, mission accomplished.

Sorry for the no show.
We were all looking forward to meeting some more of our fellow Ifishers, but 3 days of fishing on 10 hours of sleep took it's toll.

Thank you everyone for the great smack talk and good times.

Thank you for the great time my fellow Carrot brothers.

Team Carrot milk shall rise again :grin:

Bobby

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

Keep the faith my Carrot Friends, we will rid ourselves of this baton soon enough!

·
Registered
10,068 Posts

Thank you Giz! :bowdown:

I have no objection to giving the baton to the carrot team. :grin:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

It works for me. Congratulations to team carrot.

:grin: :grin:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts

Give em' the baton! I agree, i'm scared to even eat carrots now! :grin:

·
Registered
325 Posts

I agree let them have it.

·
Registered
584 Posts

I had to work Saturday morning, but I managed to sneak out to the head of MC in the afternoon. I saw four slumped over, dejected fisherman in an Alumaweld sled. Could it be? No! Yes! A bunch of steamed Carrots. Nothing against you guys, but you looked a little beat. I would have said hello, but you were well by us before I recognized you from all the pics on this board.
My friend and I were in his little 17' Alumaweld with our girlfriends. My gal got a 22# keeper that day. :grin:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts

Good to meet all you boys. It was a pleasure fishing with Onecast and Lucky Larry, you guys are class, and I appreciated the hospitality. We pounded the river hard and only managed one cracker. Keep your palm away from
the spider wire when a fish is running, OUCH!
BBQ was terrific, and glad you guys enjoyed my elk sausage as much as I do. Hope to see you all
out there again in the future!
Fish on!
GBS

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Doc Strangelove and Snapshot,
Great day on the river and congrats on winning the annual Springer Flotilla for the second year in a row. Our team can't be beat. Nice to meet everyone at Sand Island and thanks for all the good food. Especially the Elk sausage! A big thanks to Gizmo for putting this together. Maybe next year some of the sponsors could donate some prizes and we would have a better turnout. I agree Ray we should see more support from the board. Rags.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts