IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, its almost time. I cant believe this thread isn't already rolling. Who's making it out on the opener?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am certainly ready! Going to try to get my first bear, have the southwest tag and found some really good looking public land spots yesterday. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don’t think I’m gonna make it over to Emily yet, pictures on odot cameras look pretty snowy still. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I think its still pretty snowy in Catherin creek might buzz over their to see for my self if I get a wild hair or my wife drives me batty

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Saw a Sow and cubs last weekend. Couldn't find the elk I'd been watching though, sucks when you live two hours away and arent the only one watching them... Snow is melting/melted off at some of the lower elevations.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Had an oral surgery today, couldn't go but was hoping to see the 'first one' of season here. Cmon...someone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Spill it out ol wyatt...that just looks like up on a platter...too small??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If theirs one thing I have learned hunting - The closer you are the faster things happen.
Something like that! The camera is about 300 yards from the bear and I'm 165 yards from it. I thought his fate was sealed. Just as I approached the log I would lay down and shoot from, he caught me. I guess I moved a little quick but I was trying to beat the wind. He looked hard for a couple seconds and shy'd away into the timber without giving me a shot I liked. I was a little frustrated. Since he didn't wind me I think I will get another crack at him.

I could have shot him from the sticks at any time, but I saw that log and knew I could get to it for a solid prone shot... I needed like maybe 10 more seconds.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Something like that! The camera is about 300 yards from the bear and I'm 165 yards from it. I thought his fate was sealed. Just as I approached the log I would lay down and shoot from, he caught me. I guess I moved a little quick but I was trying to beat the wind. He looked hard for a couple seconds and shy'd away into the timber without giving me a shot I liked. I was a little frustrated. Since he didn't wind me I think I will get another crack at him.

I could have shot him from the sticks at any time, but I saw that log and knew I could get to it for a solid prone shot... I needed like maybe 10 more seconds.
The swamp is haunted!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Sweet pic at least!! It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I’ve got some time to kill until the 4-6k range I wanna hunt is really accessible. Plenty of time to do step ups :/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts