IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if any Ifishers have been fishing at the mouth of the mighty D. Any reports would be apprciated.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I hit it three days this month - the most recent last Sunday (8/24). Seen caught fish everytime out. I am 0-4 myself - all hooked dead drifting a double nymph rig fly-fishing but for life of me I can't land them.

General word is slow and the bulk of the run has yet to come.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I fish it often in my 14 foot row boat (deep vee) with a 15hp, no problem unless the wind REALLY picks up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Respawn;
These guys steer you correctly. 14's enough. You wouldn't beleve what I've seen out there that wouldn't quallify as 8'. In the gust's!!! What I've also seen is a lot of guy's keeping an eye on them, just in case. :bowdown: Hats off to all that understand. XSive

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If you are fishing the Columbia at the mouth of the Deschuets I would say a 14 footer is fine. I did it in my 14 foot Gregor with an 8hp Honda last year and will again. You have to run back up the Deschutes a little to get back to the boatramp, but there are no rapids. Just some swift current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts