IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

BLM is having a work day project on the Middle Deschutes, about 2 miles above Lower Bridge. ATV use has destroyed some riparian vegetation and has created some horrendous erosion conditions. Some local recreational users have formed a loose group to address the above mentioned concerns. The result has been a timely and effective response from BLM, leading to this work day project.

BLM has already closed off the main access points for ATV's, via rock placement and redirection of roads. Now the erosion control and revegetation work begins. Should be fun and informative.

Please join us in restoring this area, to its former beauty and health. If you have ever fished this area, you know the beauty and diversity found on this section of the Deschutes. Also if you have spent time down there, you probably already know of the current issues affecting the river's health.

We need a few more volunteers, maybe 3 - 5 people. We are going to meet at Borden Beck Park, on Lower Bridge Road, about 7 miles west of Hwy 97. Take Hwy 97 to Terrebonne. On the north end of Terrebonne, turn west on Lower Bridge Road. Follow this road to the river and the park.

We will meet at 0800 hrs. If you can't make the 0800 hours meet time, the work area will be flagged/marked. The area is located about 4.5 miles west of Hwy 97, on Lower Bridge road. There is a dirt road taking off to the south. Look for flagging or a sign place near the road. Bring gloves, water and appropriate clothing. The project coordinator will be providing a lunch of a brisket sandwich.

Help us give back to the river.

Contact Bob Duff at [email protected] or call at 541-504-8023 to let him know if you are willing to help. I know it is short notice, but it all came together very fast. BLM needs a huge pat on the back for this one.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would love to help but I have to work. If I end up having the day off can I just show up? :applause:.

Great work on getting this up and going. Steelhead falls is a wonderful place.

Thanks to all the volunteers who attend :wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts