IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got lucky today and I think I was the only person who got one today in front of Wheeler for 6-7 boats from 7am-1pmish. I fished for about 2 hours before it took a Green/Gold Tee-Spoon Spinner near the Wheeler Dock. I was fishing cut plug herring for awhile, and the bait kept coming off. Got tired of it, so I switched over to the spinner at 14ft water, 2 cranks off the bottom. Not 5 minutes of trolling upriver, as I was talking to another boat and said "man, slow start to the morning" put up my hands....zeee zeee zee....fish on! The water was pretty brown, but not a lot of weeds at least. Did manage to get 3 keeper crabs for 2 pots @ 5hours of soaking. Turkey legs for bait and fresh Wapito from Winco. There were average of 12-15 in each pot, mostly females and small frys.

17lbs, 36", with fresh sea lice

Good luck!

· Registered
2,828 Posts
Way to go!!:clap:

· Registered
213 Posts
Vu I started to think that you stopped fishing you havent posted in a long time. We need to get together and do some fishing. I will try to give you a call next week and maybe try to line something up. I finally got the boat running awesome. Well say hi to Lynn and Phong for me and your Mom and Dad for me. Nice catch by the way. Tyson

· Registered
2,564 Posts
Nice fish! I too will be down there soon! Thanks for the report!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.