IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--is getting utterly trashed!

Will someone help me put together a date to clean it up?

Will anyone join me? It's just awful!

Jen

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Egg cartons, hooks, lines, sinkers, pop and beer cans, cardboard--- YUCK!

And, when the rain comes, and the water comes up, it's down river!

I think I'm going to do it tomorrow afternoon, come rain or shine!

Jen

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jennie,
My daughter and I can give you a hand tomorrow. Not familiar w/ Kilchis, but give me a time & basic directions (from Hwy.6) and we'll be there.
Steve

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill and I have tried to figure out how ifish could donate and pay for a trash can there. I don't know how to begin. There is the problem of how to keep it from getting torn into, by racoons, etc.

I'm not sure what time I'll be there today. I'm fishing this morning.

If anyone is around at 2:00 PM, and the weather is not terrible, I'll be there.

Jen

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS: Stop by Marie's and get yourself an anti snagging shirt. I'll be wearing mine! :smile:

The Kilchis Logging bridge is ... lessee... Take Alderbrook loop road, off of 101. It's about one mile north of the Cheese factory. Go about 1 1/2 miles, till you get to Kilchis River Road on the right. It's at a bend in the road. Follow it 1 1/2 miles again, till you see a bridge on your right.

That's the logging bridge.

Jen

·
Registered
784 Posts
Jen, wonder if any of the local sporting goods shops would be interested in donating to the cause on the trash can. :shrug:

While it hasn't been stated thus far, I'll bring up the obvious - if a trash can is going to be placed out there somewhere, who is going to be responsible for the routine pickup? While the can may help "collecting" from those who have been littering, it will also encourage some of those who usually pack their garbage out to leave their's behind as well. This is a fundamental consideration, and why many public campgrounds have reverted to "pack-your-garbage-out" themes and have removed all trash cans and dumpsters - they just don't havee the money to provide that trash-hauling service. Just a consideration.

Dean

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, we have considered that, also.
Bummage rummage. :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
784 Posts
Jen,...good one. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill just called and doesn't want me going alone. Said the crowd there is elbow to elbow, and well, he doesn't think I should go alone...

I wonder if you guys would help me do this, if we set it up for another day, with more notice?

Jen

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
seems to me a couple years ago we did a clean up that included all the tilly rivers, like what Stew said. Maybe something along those lines. I'd certainly be up for it.

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else joining me? I think I'll just go for an hour or so.

Jen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts