IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did everyone go after the fin clipping? :shrug:

Well you missed out. Yes at 1:30 it was raining but from 3:00 till maybe 7ish it was shirt sleve weather! Believe it or not. The oysters were yummy as always. Thanks BOE! BlueWater, Thanks for the pop! Born To Fish, nice chatting with ya and have a great week on the coast. This guy drove from Idaho to clip fins. :grin:

And to all the others that showed (RustyL, Clearview2U, slowroll, hawgjaw and Mrs. hawgjaw, I'm probably forgetting a few others) thanks. Too bad Pilar didnt stick around long. Pilar's Mate, hang in there! :wink:

As for the fishin'. Well that wasnt too good. Big swell didnt help. I think we fished for maybe an hour or so. No luck. It started raining at about 9:00pm, rocks got kinda slick, called it night.

Big thanks to DepoeBayDan for the tons of plastics he brought. I think all us now have a life time supply of worms. THANK YOU!

Dan had a digi cam too so we'll be looking for his pics. Here are a few I took.

Here are the oysters.

Bar crossing anyone? Note the breakers behind the boats!

HEE HAW!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the oysters they were the best I have had and tell your mom toni said hi. And Depot Dan thank you I got all kinds of cool new fishing stuff to learn how to use.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I'm very disapointed in missing both the finclip and jetty gathering. :depressed: I rolled my ankle taking the dog out for a potty break just before leaving the house at 0700hrs. :mad: The oysters were to be the high point for me. WaterDog just had to rub it in with a pic.

·
Registered
846 Posts
PM,,,,,,,,,good luck on the quitting. I made it a whole ten days and got so crabby I couldn't stand myself. At least it's only $13 a carton for em at the indian reservation up at Tokeland, so I don't feel as guilty. I guess you just have to have a stronger conviction than I do to quit. Been at it for 45 years and I guess a few more will probably kill me :laugh: :shrug:

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Weather was as nice as you will ever find at the beach while we ate and told stories. :cheers: The 3 beers I had were a little on the warm side, maybe next time somebody will put some ice in their cooler. :wink:

DepoeBayDan was handing out 5 lifetimes of rubber worms for all of us. WOW!!!!!!! Thanks Dan, nice meeting you also.

No more than got started fishing and the skys opened up with rain and I left also.

Pilars Mate, hang in there, you got my support. I know it doesnt mean much now, your in withdrawl hell. :depressed: You will be happy with yourself soon. :cheers:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Where's the rain?

The swells were there, and we were here!
(Not to mention the flood tide).

A bunch of happy Ifisher's enjoying the sunset and tummy's full of Oyster's! (Not to mention some smoked salmon deviled eggs)!

Ifisher's getting ready to invade the north jetty. (Believe that was Roy's Dad from Tillymook on the right). Dean (Born To Fish - Idaho) to the left of him.

I missed out on an opportunity to take a pic of the Ifisher's special ops getting ready to attack the North Jetty with their "night vision" head lamps on. It was a site to see! Too braindead with the late night before and early morning departure delivering tackle, fin clip, and jetty scene.

This is what kept me from getting all my work done the night before:

A couple kid's from Winatchee Washington (tourist) I had met the night before in a Depoe Bay restaurant. There family was on spring break and I loaned them trout poles and then later followed up by driving down there to meet them. Fishing was real slow and I explained to them; that's why they call it fishin', and not catchin'. The kid's said they didn't care and had a great time.

I think they had a better time with "Mason" (my dog) than they had with the fishing.

Dan

PS> Again, that's what it is all about.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Waterdog -- It was nice meeting you at the finclip. Couldn't make the jetty - glad the good weather rolled in for the BBQ.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Great pic's of the bar crossing WD! When you should and shouldn't go out!

Thanks BOE for the Oyster's (but rasor's rule), and thank you very much for the burlap bags!

I'm really bummed you guys didn't decide to have some fried razor's. Now I have to eat them myself tonight! Oh, bummer!

Most of the halibut, razor's, and tuna were still froze when I got home, so I refroze them for another time. (April 26th Forest Tour - that might work).

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
By the way Pilar & Pilar's Mate, I am indeed sorry you had to leave early. Glad to meet ya though. It would have been nice to include you in the group picture.

I did send some left overs in a "doggie bag" (tackle) with one of the Ifisher's for you and a lot of stuff to give to kids. Unfortunately, I came home with stuff that kids could use, but maybe next time.

Dan

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
OK so who all was in that pic again? :smile:

I am the big guy 2nd from left with the OSU hat on :grin:

I would also like to thank Dan for the the jigs etc that he most generously offered us :cheers:

Thanks also to slowroll for helping me out :smile:

Did a little fishing this morning and waves were still rough..........did see a diver with a nice greenling (about 24" or so) at the first 'stop' on the way out to the Barivew Jetty.

Nice seeing all you guys. Good to have some names with faces now
Russ

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Thanks Fish_N_Russ and the rest of you for saying thanks. I appreciate that.

Russ, that would have been a "green" Lingcod if it was 24" because kelp and rock greenling don't get that big.

Often times folks call a green colored Lingcod a greenling adding to the confusion.

Glad to meet you and your wife also and congrad's you honeymooner's!

[ 04-13-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You are right Dan, I just checked out 'Greenling' on Google and thats not the same fish I was thinking of......I had always wondered about that :smile:

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Waterdog, BOE - Sorry we didn't stay long... Maybe next time. I'm just not myself right now. Beginning to think that being a smoker the rest of my life is a better option than the hell I'm going through. :shocked: No - As much as I've wanted to, I still haven't had a smoke. Hopefully after passing the 72- hour mark I'll feel better.

Did any of you guys find Pilar's Salty Dogs Sweatshirt?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jen,

Slowroll has John's shirt. Guess they are getting together soon so he took it.

Oh and be strong. Kick that habit. :smile:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dan,
Once again, thanks for all the plastic's. You are just way to generous. It's all your fault that I have to go and buy a new tackle box now. Stacey just rolled her eyes at me and asked if I "really" needed an excuse to buy new fishing gear. :shrug:
I have Pilar's stuff and will deliver on Friday. Maybe I'll dunk one in a shot glass of te-kill-ya and present it to him that way. :cheers:

Anyway, we had a good time and the weather was unbelievably nice. I was suprised that more people didn't show. That's ok, more oyster for the rest of us. Although Roy was about to grow gills from the number he ate.

I'm the 3rd one from the left in the "line-up" photo.

Fish-n-Russ - Not a problem, always happy to help out.

It was good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. Hope everyone had a good time and we can do this again in a year. :cheers:

Paul B.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dan,

Big thanks for all the stuff. I also need to get another tackle box.

I'm the guy on the far left sporting a new ifish hat.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I'm the third from the right, Dean (Born to Fish) is the 4th from the right, and Roy (BOE) is the 5th from the right, or is that the 5th from the left? I guess he is in the middle. I never did catch the names of or who the two guys on the far right were. I got there a little late. Roy should know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts