IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of year becomes very hazardous to me. With so many options of places to fish, it really hurts my head when I try and figure out where to go :rolleyes: . This weekend I am thinking of fishing Tilli Bay, Nehalem Bay, CR at Bonni, or CR up around John Day Dam (chasing a zipper lip spot).
Just wondering what all you's choice would be for this weekend? Any suggestions
based off of results this week that you may of had would be greatly appreciated, so's my head don't blow up. Maybe I should add that I will be boat fishing, and it is shallow water capable. For whatever reason, maybe new boat stink, UBR'S have not been good to me (this year), and I am starting to get withdrawls, and my wife wants to turn the boat into a pleasure craft

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I'm somewhat in that same boat as you, figuratively! All these places, and no time to fish them all! :shocked:

WHERE TO FISH?! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My $.02 is to start with what's closest to you. If you have a whole list that you can't decide from, why not make distance the final factor. I was in the same boat, so I picked the mouth of the Lewis since it's closest to me. I caught a 10lb and 31lb the first day out. Then a friend in my boat caught a 20-25lber(didn't have a scale handy) and had a 40+lber to the boat on the second day out. The fish that got away was waaaaay bigger than my 31lber, but we'll never know... :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts