IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was recently reported to me that I should tell a fishermans tale on this thread to get replies. Most of you know that the difference between a fairy tale and and fishermans tale is : A fairy tale starts "once upon a time", whereas a fishermans tale starts "this aint no lie". Mine is this: While fishing on the Kalisilof river in Alaska a couple years back for Sockeye I managed to catch one of those beautiful fish. I had waded across the river to fish, and as I brought it back toward the beach I stepped in a unseen hole next to a rock. Down I went backwards. The next thing I know is I was looking up at the blue sky from underneath the water, completely under, which was only about 2.5-3ft deep. Fishing vest, tackle, camera, radio, everything wet. Two nearby fishermen were on me as quick as a no-see-em, they helped me back up. The first thing I asked was "Is the fish still on?" Since I hadn't dropped my pole. They said yes. I did manage to land that fish. I then shed my wet vest, and excess clothing, and continued fishing. The others on the beach thought I was a die hard fisherman not to change into something dry. I didn't tell them I was there alone, as my fishing party had gone into Soldotna to get supplies. Did I ever have a story for them when they got back. Plus a nice sockeye. I now wear PFD's on the river and the boat. It happens quick. Sometimeslucky.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
This aint no lie, welcome to Ifish :cheers:

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
once upon a time there was this guy, sometimeslucky. Welcome to Ifish. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I always thought that's why God put slippery rocks and holes in rivers. It's the only way to get an Alaskan to take a bath! :grin: :cheers:

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good story!! Good idea!! Welcome to Ifish!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Welcome. I hear those no-see-em's can be downright nasty. Thanks for the yarn.

Birdnest

1 - 10 of 10 Posts