IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could just feel it today. I knew the former "Team Carrot Milk" was going to leave its skunk on shore and put some chrome in the boat!

Started the day off trolling the upper Multnomah Channel. After about an hour we get our first pound down on Bobby's rod. Fish on. Bobby put the hurt on this beast and after a good battle had the fish to the boat but when he saw us he decided to spit the hooks right back at us
Needless to say it made Zaq pretty sick.

Soon after I had a little bite. This guy tried to trick us and just nibble on the bait and never slam it. Guess what... it worked and it made ZaQ feel real bad

A little while later we had just entered into the Willamette and BAM Chris had his turn. His pole was burried into the water big time! Runs to set the hook and nothing
ZaQ could not believe it!

After countless hours of trolling passed by Captain Midnight decided to stop by the boat and raise the spirits a little bit. Here is is singing show tunes

After Captian Midnight got us feeling pretty good it was ZaQ's turn. This bad boy decided to hit his herring and keep on going. No need to weigh this dandy of a fish because the Clown Frown says this baby is just a tad over 30 lbs! Way to go ZaQ!

Not long after Chris got his second try and did a little better boating this nice salmon

All fish were caught on plug cut blue or green herring fished behind a fish flash anywhere between 9 and 15 pulls with 6-8 oz of lead.

After much talk we decided to change our team name to "Team Baby Arm" in honor of Clown Frown. As always it was a great day on my boat with these characters. Thanks Ifish for introducing me to a bunch of knuckleheads that love to fish and shoot the MARF as much as I do! We also got to meet Terry H. on the water and he showed us one of his secret honey holes. Thanks for the advice Terry we will be back to fish that area again.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I do believe I soiled myself reading this post~!
Thanks for an awesome day gentlemen, as long as I didn't scare you to bad, let's do it again real soon. Thanks for the pics and the laughs Shane...........the Clown Frown never lies, does it?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
It's good to see you guy's back on top of you game. I have to say even after your drought your still sharing information. Thats got class.
Look at the green color of the water! Looks like things are clearing up. Hope to see you on the water again soon.

Did you use your new baton to bonk them fish???? :wink:

Small Fry

[ 04-22-2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice Pics! Just be carefull who you pull that hose out on next time.... :wink: As for the Willie we didn't touch anything last night.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Finner,
When you got to go you, got to go. :wink:

What the Rictor scale did for earthquakes, The Clown frown meter will do for accurate fish weighing

The Clown frown meter tells no lies :grin:

Oh ya, definitely 30#'s

Bobby

[ 04-23-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: big n bright ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Bobby, I was looking all over for that pic so I could post it for comparison. Thanks!

That is a good one geek.....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I knew when if Shane posted that picture people would have found out
. I think if there was ever a question of what do we do when fishing is slow those pictures pretty much sum it up. When ever we go fishing there is never a dull moment and as always just good whole hearted fun. I'm sorry Finner you had to witness that but sometimes the pressure is too much and Shanes boat is so nice I would not want to ruin it :tongue: ..........Chris

G

·
Hey Zaq I saw your pic at the Hillsboro GI Joes. They were using it to scare the pigeons out of the rafters :wink:
Nice fish by the way

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
****** you can tell by the frown bend in the mouth it is 30lbs. A little more down turn in the frown it would have been 35lbs..............chris

Geek I really like my avatar :cheers:

[ 04-23-2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts