IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this!
The Anti Snagging have been stolen!

QUOTE:

I'm in shock here everyone. I had two boxes of shirts stolen from my home last night. I realized it this morning and am going to file a police report now. I'm praying the scum that took them just left them stashed somewhere near my home.
I can't imagine they have any value to them. Maybe with a prayer I'll find them or the police have. Tonight is officially canceled. Marie at Tillamook Bait Company has about 80, plus I've sold about 40, so it's not a total loss. I'll contact those of you who helped fund this and get you your funds back right away, so please don't worry.
Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.
GBS

[ 10-16-2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
I am confused...Can we get them today or not(thursday 10/16/03). Another post says cancelled and it later has reply's to it's still on.
Would like to get one today......

Quote..
I just got a note from Rubber Hooks. I think he'll be selling shirts all day at Fishermans. Please show up!

Rubber Hooks will be at Fishermans in Delta Park from noon to whenver GreenBS shows up.
TOm AKA Rubber Hooks

[ 10-16-2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can solve the case of the missing shirts, yes... Otherwise, Fisherman's is cancelled.

Marie at Tillamook Bait will have shirts after 11:00 AM Today.

Jen

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geez. I just went out to check to see if mine were still in the car. Sigh! They are!

Jen

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Jen,
Were the only things stolen the boxes of shirts? Or did GBS lose anything else? If just the shirts are gone, that says something.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am waiting to hear that very thing. I think he's out checking around the neighborhood, and busy with police reports right now.
Jen

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What a bum deal. I am glad that I was there right at 5:30 to get mine but feel that it is a dang shame that others won't get theirs. They are nice shirts, in fact I am wearing mine now.

I am going to make a point of asking anyone who I see wearing one, where they got theirs. If no good answer, I will jot down a license number. What police agency is working on the case?

Hope that we can locate them. You might contact Grant McOmie and have him mention it when that show comes out.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
This SNAGGER took them and burned them...

GRRRR... :mad: someone get a rope, we need to have an old fashion lynching :grin:

I hope they turn up soon :cheers:

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Am I the only one who appreciates the tragic irony of the fact that shirts created to address a growing problem with the collapse of ethics in the outdoors have been stolen by someone who genuinely needed a lesson in personal ethics as well? What's the matter with our society? :hoboy:

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
hi gang,
GBS here, Thanks for the support, you all are some awesome folks. I am going right home after work and looking around the hood. There was another theft two blocks away last night (same address as mine) :depressed: , kinda freaky but coincidental. Anyway, I went over there to tell the other victims and give condolences and I found one of the empty boxes across the street. SO, I deduce
that it was just some crack head junkie low life pond scum motherless knuckledragging no good worthless pieces of humanity. Sorry about the rant. I'll also check the flea markets, where else could they sell 80 of the same shirt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi GBS
So that is why i found no one at fishermans this after noon.
Tell me where to send my shirt donation and it will be it in the mail in the mourning.

I am not shure who had to front the funds to start this program but they should not be left holding the bag..

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Costalot,

I am not shure who had to front the funds to start this program but they should not be left holding the bag..
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Good point! I'll send my money too, and if the shirts show up somewhere, then I'll take delivery. Until then, you're right, let's not leave anyone holding the bag.

Skein

·
Registered
137 Posts
Skein
I really don't need another shirt unless i can't get the fish stuff of the other ones.

I would have been like to get one of this " collector " shirts. Hell i donate more then this at Fisherman's and GI Joes weekly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GBS called yesterday morning and told me what had happened. It just made me sick all over. The really frustrating part is that I was looking forward to helping a great cause and getting to meet fellow Ifishers. I sure would like to be able to put names and faces together.
GBS, if I can help you in any way, Please let me know
Rubber Hooks

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Try this... have everyone who bought a shirt not wear it for a week, and see how many show up in public. Nab the crooks, or at least get a line on who it was that took them...

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Unless these guys are complete idiots, I imagine they ditched them once they realized what they had stolen. Crying shame. Great cause. I was looking to pick up a couple at Delta Park. Maybe have Marie bump up the price of the remaining ones to help cover the loss. I'd buy a couple.

Freak

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
If any of you ifishers are driving around portland on sat., maybe stop by one of the many flea markets. If they are going to unload the shirts, that's my guess where they'd be. I'm out of town but may try sunday.
Thanks,
GBS

[ 10-17-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts