IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the salty dog talk and for the most part sit back and read to figure thing out but the banana is one that I have not been able to find??
is it something (structure) or just something you all know ?? is it out of CR someplace else and how far is it ??? and are there GPS point for it ??
AAAAAAAAAnd last but not least how far out for tuna did you guy have to go this last week I am headed down this weekend for a full week of crank and yank and help on any or all
Thanks Tank

· Registered
1,395 Posts
I am new to the salty dog talk and for the most part sit back and read to figure thing out but the banana is one that I have not been able to find??
is it something (structure) or just something you all know ?? is it out of CR someplace else and how far is it ??? and are there GPS point for it ??
AAAAAAAAAnd last but not least how far out for tuna did you guy have to go this last week I am headed down this weekend for a full week of crank and yank and help on any or all
Thanks Tank
GO out of Depoe bay 17 mi 44 47.38 124 33.04 Banana run a little N/W Tuseday looks to be best water

· Registered
117 Posts
I am after the banana area as well tomorrow I will be launching at 5 am I will monitor 78 so hopefully we can find the fish quickly and be back early to pick up some salmon inside. Our boat name is Kimmies Juatice a 2301 WA Seaswirl with hardtop.
Bill Allison

· Registered
43 Posts
Bannana is an easy run from Depoe. We didn't hit fishable water until we where at least 17 or 18 out. Even then the warmest I saw was 60.6. Fish seemed to like it, at one point they were jumping all around the boat.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
Interesting thing about this area - it shows on the chart as a feature, but none of the bathy data shows a feature there. A mistake by the chart makers maybe?
The Banana looking spot is really realtively flat there, it so happens to be at the 100 fat line, so it looks more impressive than it is. On the West end it drops off more steeply tho, & that is where most of the Tuna will/should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.