IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the fiscal year end, more I hate having to write my self assessment. Telling management how great you are and how important you are to their bottom line - Aaaaaaaaa! Just shoot me!

Rant over

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
just post it here on ifish...we will fill it out for you.....only good things!! heheehehhe......... : ) good luck!!

·
Banned
2,008 Posts
I hate the fiscal year end, more I hate having to write my self assessment. Telling management how great you are and how important you are to their bottom line - Aaaaaaaaa! Just shoot me!

Rant over

Always important to just keep a running log of these things. Hold all the "Thank Yous" in a special outlook folder and if needed put them in a folder. Only been in the field for a few years and every year the returns are great. Remember, the most important thing is to focus on your strengths, weaknesses only become apparent if you shed light on them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
It could be worse. My employer is constantly telling us how awesome they are, and how lucky we are to be allowed to work here.

"If we want YOUR opinion, we'll give it to you."

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always important to just keep a running log of these things. Hold all the "Thank Yous" in a special outlook folder and if needed put them in a folder. Only been in the field for a few years and every year the returns are great. Remember, the most important thing is to focus on your strengths, weaknesses only become apparent if you shed light on them.

Good luck.
What is a weakness ;)

Ya I've been at this a few years (12 of the last 20 years there), I just hate it none the less. I do have to say it beats the pants off waiting for my manager to write it up when I was a field agent - he always got it wrong :laugh: that is one part of that job I sure don't miss.

EA, I could just see what you'd write in there for me :hoboy: between what you and Hoggemin would add I'd have a lot of extra time on my hands.

I'm just trying to figure out where to put in the part about knot tying, and tuna chasing.

Lets see, assisting external customers in making solid connections and providing expert advise on maximizing yield

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
Tell him your elbow is weak, as a matter of fact its so weak you missed the tuna tournament. If he wants more, tell him picking up a low racketball out of the corner on your backhand side has known to be a weakness of yours.

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell him your elbow is weak, as a matter of fact its so weak you missed the tuna tournament. If he wants more, tell him picking up a low racketball out of the corner on your backhand side has known to be a weakness of yours.
Actually picking up low shots off my backhand isn't a problem, err well before last Monday.

Ya I missed a tourny cause I didn't have to fish. I wasn't going to miss my live bait trip at all. Course I made matters worse last Monday when I tore a muscle in my forearm - I can reel a reel, but much else and that arm is done - don't ask how I managed to untangle a couple fishies. Arm is still attached, but I bet it would have hurt less if it wasn't.

You just wait till you get to do that you city governmental

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I had a manager who once said, "Your lips, my but. You do the math."

We like to refer to those days as the "dark ages".
I too hate self reviews. In fact I haven't done one in the last 2 years. No one noticed.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Just zerox last years, and add your incredible internet skills. Almost 5,000 ifish posts, that ought to be good for something. :wink:

My weekend on the RANGER is this weekend, hope the weather holds.

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just zerox last years, and add your incredible internet skills. Almost 5,000 ifish posts, that ought to be good for something. :wink:

My weekend on the RANGER is this weekend, hope the weather holds.
See that is multitasking - if the WX holds you should do well - we creamed um. But you know coming home a day early on a two trip is sort of funny.

Funny thing was one conference call not long ago I was listening and rigging some Halibut rigs and forgot to turn off the mute, well I dropped a hook on my desk or so it seems. Shortly after the call my boss calls and asks what hook that was I dropped - he has several commercial permits on the Chesapeake so no fooling a fisherman. He is trying to figure out how to come do a visitation and go Tuna fishing at the same time - course he's the same guy who told me to schedule a 2 week trip to DC and on Friday rent a car and drive to NC to grab a BFT charter for the weekend, than come back to work on Monday. Getting him on some fish would meet the employee satisfaction criteria - I think.

Well that exercise is done for this year. Course having just been promoted a few weeks ago, it was just a pointless exercise at best since the best I can hope for is a MET.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts