IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this may be nothing but a grip, but, has anyone else lost fish because you are using mono, and the jerk banki next to you is using that green tuff line? This is my 2nd springer season in oregon and this past weekend, I lost 2 fish at meldrum due to line snagger and last year, I lost 3 fish. How do I combat this? Lead core?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
get you a roller pole w/ wrie 150# test :cheers: Quick Fisher

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ah, maybe you could switch over to TUFF line :shrug: . If you can't beat em join em. It will cast just fine if spooled on correctly. It also helps to have a quality casting reel when using the tuff. Just a thought. SPACE FISH

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, but you know, if I make the switch, then i'll be guilty of doing the same thing. Personaly, I'd like to buy the entire supply so no one can use it..

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Good luck with that. The stuff is so expensive I can hardly afford to even fill my own reels, let alone buy up the whole supply! :wink:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You might be seeing the Maxima braid out before too long. Just something that I heard. If their braid is anything like their mono, it should be awesome.

~steelymann~
:dance: :dance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts