IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We attended the Tillamook Anglers fishing day for children with disabilites at their Whiskey Creek Hatchery facility today. My girls had a great time and we owe many thanks to Jerry Dove and the Tillamook Anglers organization for putting on a wonderful event for children with special needs. The weather was great, the fishing was even better, the BBQ was wonderful and each volunteer was very patient and kind to the many children that were present.

It was our first time to attend this event and we would like to help pay back this group next year by coming earlier in the day and volunteering. What a great group of folks!

Again, thanks from my girls! We had a great time!

The Spoiled Daddy and his girls...

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Hey, I recognize that arm (middle photo)

Sure was a great event. I took my 9 year old daughter over to help out, she had a blast hooking and handing off fish. :dance:

I would like to say thanks to the Tillamook Anglers for giving me the opportunity again to teach my girls that giving back is more important than just consuming the resource.

Thanks also to spoiled daddy for allowing me to help both Emily and Megan, they're great kids.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Hey folks, if I can keep my eyes from tearing for a moment I will try to say thanks to all that came and helped today. It was another (12th) great day with these very special kids. I had several ifishers come up and say hello. It has already been said, with the pictures, what more can I say. You folks that have never been to this event don't know what you have missed. I do not have the words to explain. I have been told that I am a pretty good BS'er but you would have to see this for your self to understand. We had about 350 kids and about that many volunteers. We had lots of great food and some great raffle items thanks to the many folks that donate to this event. Hope to see more of you next year. If any of you know of groups or individulas that we should contact for next year please let us know. Jerry

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Jerry --- I love your organization. I would have been down there today if I was not getting ready to fly out of town tomorrow.

Would you please post the mailing address here so that Ifishers can express their support of Tillamook Anglers with a check?

What a great organization!!! :dance:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Thumper. As per your request. Tillamook Anglers Corp. 7510 Trask River Road. Tillamook OR 97141---Or go to the front page of ifish and click on Tillamook Anglers. thanks, Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts