IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top headline for tonights news. Snaggers on the Washugal fined and loss of licenses. :dance: :dance:

Thank you all for the publicity. It worked!( For today. ) Hopefully it will be forever. but I know I'm wishful thinking.

Now they know what we have been yelling about.

G

·
"Loss of License" is the key. They can't do it anymore and if they do and get caught, it's big time. Fine hurts, but they are right back at it.

Bravo Zulu all Law Enforcement and all involved.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I saw the report this evening also.

To the Law Enforcement Officers!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
LOL right on..lovin this...

Bunch of people I know from school were all bragging about how they were going down on the NF of the Lewis snagging salmon and night snagging. I told them that they better stop doing that stuff cause they are gonna get caught. Gamies been down there busting people every day. They all told me they wont get caught.

Two weeks later, ALL of them got written up and fined! I laughed at them and said "I told you so" and they knew it! Oh I loved it!

:grin: :dance:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Originally posted by KingFisher85:
LOL right on..lovin this...

Bunch of people I know from school were all bragging about how they were going down on the NF of the Lewis snagging salmon and night snagging. I told them that they better stop doing that stuff cause they are gonna get caught. Gamies been down there busting people every day. They all told me they wont get caught.

Two weeks later, ALL of them got written up and fined! I laughed at them and said "I told you so" and they knew it! Oh I loved it!

:grin: :dance:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">No offense to you, but if one of my friends says he's going to go snag salmon, night, day, morning, evening, I'm on the phone with OSP or a game officer. I'm glad they were caught, but I'd have to say I'm unhappy you didn't do anything before hand. It doesn't matter if they're your friends, it's against the law. Would you let one of your friends smoke marijuana, drink a case of beer, and drive around?

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SNAG.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I missed the news report by about 2 min. :mad: does anybody know if it is going to be on agian?

Just let me look at a river and I'll be fine. :cool:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Boy-make them learn the hard way. I had to. There stupidity not mine. Told them once, told them twice, but they never listin.
Told these group of kids/teens to get off that snaggin island, its not worth it. Went thu one ear and out the other. :hoboy:
All these kids, well, 500 bucks means a lot to them. Maybe after they work there butts off just to get it taken away for snaggin some stupid fish, maybe they will learn its not worth it. I know a few of them kids could of used that 500 bucks to work on there trucks.

[ 10-02-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: KingFisher85 ]

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I have an aquaintance, who was a friend at one time, advising me to go to a spot on the Kalama to get salmon, well known as a snagger hole...I told him, Nop way, if I cant get one the legal, ethical way...I will not get one...and you better watch your own P,s and Q,s....we never fish togethrt anymore, I do not need friends that badly,
me.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Great job, KATU! A few more hauls like that and the word will get out. Snag fish, lose your license, your gear, and $500. Seems like a good start.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hopefully one of the guys that was caught was the one snagging fish at the mouth of the Sandy river. Little black jet boat with a big fat guy with long hair. He and his buddies were out there a lot snagging fish. The boat was out of Washington. :mad:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
When the discussions first arose this year aroudn the Washougal, I was not able to believe these folks did this so blatantly. After a quick trip to Oak Park, I couldn't believe my eyes.

This video is is really pretty stunning, as well. It's good to see the Game Enforcement officers doing the best they can.

Let's hope this decreases during the remainder of the season and next year as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks Grant. As you pointed out, "Those are not fishermen, They are CRIMINALS". Thanks again for a job well done and I am looking forward to a follow up
Rubber Hooks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I saw a little blurp, but missed the main part also. Shucks. mic4fish, Sunday AM KATU always revamps the week for about two hours. You will be sure to catch it there once or twice on Sunday AM.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts