IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late last summer, I won a trip for two on ifish.net that was donated by Tackle Time. The wife and I took the trip today.

We got there at 5:30 and were greeted by Gene and Ed (our boat captain) with a handshake and a smile. After the rest of the group arrived, we headed down and boarded the Elijah. Captain Ed gave us the safety orientation and introduced his deckhand Dylan. We headed out and crossed the bar. The lines hit the water about 7:15 am. The wife and I were limited by 9am with 4 nice coho. The boat was limited by 11am.

I haven't been on a charter boat for a few years. I was quite impressed with the trip that Tackle time offers. Our captain, Ed, was very knowledgable (for a young pup). He was very friendly and talkative. Dyla, the deckhand, stayed busy netting fish and keeping fresh bait on all the rods. They were both very personable.

After hearing some horror stories last year about how some of the charters handled unclipped fish, I have to say that I was quite impressed in how they handled them. The ratio of unclipped fish to clipped fish was about 3 to 1. They showed respect for the fish. Some of the fish were released without being netted and brought into the boat. Because we sometimes had doubles happening, some of the fish needed to be netted. They were immediately returned with out mis-treatment.

Overall, I though it was a very enjoyable trip and would give Tackle Time my highest recommendation. Thanks again to Tackle Time for donating the trip and thanks to Jennie for somehow pulling my name out of the hat.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Sounds like a great trip Bill. Wish I could have won that. I never, never win great stuff like that. :shrug:

Enjoy the fish. They sure are tasty. Congrats.

Bernie

·
Administrator
119,602 Posts
Just to make you feel worse, C and E... I won 1500 bucks in Vegas. I just had to rub that in because... well... I never win anything either, AND I DID!!!

:smile:

BR, so glad you had a good time, and what a relief to hear about good handling of fish! I wouldn't expect anything less for Tackle Time, though! Let's see some pics! :smile:

Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts