IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took my Daughter and Grandaughter fishing for shad. I am kinda shad challenged and could not get one hooked up for my Grandaughter. 500,000 of these critters go over Bonneville and I can't even get one on the hook. My kitchen pass was about to expire when Garyk and his missus showed up to save the day. Missus Garyk not only gave me the length of dropper and leader, but she also gave me a little green curly tail grub to try. In a little while my grandaughter caught her first real fish. Many thanks to Garyk and the missus.

TV

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
High five.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
We hope that's the first of many happy days and fish for your granddaughter. Nice to have met you and thanks for sharing the great pic. We have a couple more (I think) that we'll email to you.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
OK, now we at least know that Gary and the missus can catch shad. Time to move up to steelhead and salmon.... :grin:

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I was in the white boat directly behind you. :smile: I have never fished this area before but thought we'd give it a try. Took me an hour to finally get dialed in. We ended up fishing a 14" dropper, 36" leader, and brass wee dicknites with a chartruse or red tip. The curly tails didn't work for us at all.

Absolutely great day on the water. Folks here are much nicer besides being less of them. Said hi to garyk as he came by and saw a few other ifish stickerd boats out there. The action was just enough to keep us interested but allowed the wife and I to kick back, enjoy the heat, and relax. :grin: We ended bringing a dozen home to pickle :grin: and I lost at least that many at the boat. :rolleyes:
Wife boated all of the ones she caught. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts