IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made the long awaited journey to Tillamook Bay and fished with David Johnson for fall chinook (see Chasing Casper) and had a great time. I was really impressed when some guy cut across the back of the boat and tangled all 5 of our lines into one gigantic ball of crap. David never blinked an eye. He justed busted butt and had us fishing again in no time. He was awesome. What a different experience! Learned a lot and caught fish and loved the weather and scenery. I really envy all you IFISHers that are forturnate enough to be able to enjoy the fishery over there on a full time basis. Steelheading is off to a slow start in the Salmon and Clearwater. Way to warm. Take Care

[ 10-21-2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Out Back ]

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I have also had the chanc to fish with dave and he is as good as they come.class act with a desire to catch fish.Now if we could only get him to divulge his salmon egg cure!! :grin:

R.R.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
David is one of the best in the biz..........

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I agree...David is awesome to fish with! Truely a class act. :cheers: I don't think we're gonna get him to share the secret of the cure though :grin:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Yeah but he can't cast worth beans. :wink: :wink: :grin: :grin:

Dave's a good guy. He knows his stuff. :cool:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
We sure put the hurt on 'em.

Thank you, another great bunch of guys to spend a day on the water with. And we even got Casper and his friend :grin:

We'll be talking again for some of those springers and Astoria salmon next year....

P.S. Thanks for the yummy steak dinner.

[ 10-26-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes he is a "gentleman" of guides isn't he! My Uncle and I had the privilage of fishing with David and his dad, Lloyd in Alaska. Even on the "slow days" we caught fish and had a good time. Also learned a lot of technique from David. Still using it and catching fish too! Hope to do Tillamook with him someday soon.
GotZem!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts