IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my camp on the Nushagak River AK. Wanted to thank the Ifishers that attended this years slaughter, I do appreciate your business and hoped you enjoyed the best chinook fishing on this planet. Also to my crew that works with me up there. I couldn't do it with out you, you guys are the ones that make it happen. If I had a dollar for all the compiments I get on you guys I could give the trips away. Thanks again. Also to Scott Kappas and his camera man Matt thanks for everything, can't wait to see how the shows turn out.

This year was catching as usual with many memorable memories made. You would think that over the years things would get mondane but it doesn't. When you are fishing on that many fish there is bound to be crazy events take place. Wether its Marty netting two 30lb'ers in one swoop which happend this year or a fish that was hooked back bouncing who just decided to run at the boat and jump over the transome. This fish never did fight(except in the boat)as soon as it was hooked it came to the surface ran right at us and jumped in.

Another first this year was that the Mulchatan Caribou heard (several hundred thousand strong) migrated right through camp, what an awesome treat for the guests that week. It happened 2 days after Scott left, it would have been some awesome footage.

As great as it up North it feels good to be home, and am looking forward to this years summer and fall fishing. This years Astoria/Buoy Ten fishery should be as close to the Nush as the northwest will see. Still have a few days left for this fishery if intereseted.

One other thank you goes again to this years attendies for the kind words and reports of your trip with me, its much appreciated. I looked back at was written while I was gone and was glad to see you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to fishing with you guys down here.

I would like to answer some questions I saw posted to what camp is like. This place is as plush as it can be. Vinal cabins, wood floors, real beds, complete shower building and restrooms almost as good as home. And the big pluss is that it is pretty much mosquito free. I honestly did not use bug spray the entire 2 months I was there.

Now that I am home and rested a little I am already looking forward to next year.

Thanks Again

Travis

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Thank You Travis. I posted when I got back about the great time I had, but now that your back Thanks again. And you are right to talk about your crew. They were the best I have seen. I will be in touch about next year.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Hey Travis. Your
Dad told me he had a great time also. You better keep him busy now that he is on PERS. He is really goingto enjoy it. See you at Bouy 10. Will be at camper West from Aug. 13 till about Sep. 13. I guess you heard ODFW budget is a go. Thanks for your help, and all of those that helped. Jerry

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
Travis, that sounds like SO much fun!
I would LOVE to go sometime to the Nush. I've heard so much about it! I think it will be my next destination in AK!

Jen

676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry,
I think he is already enjoying it. He has been up there evey year since I started. Now he just doesn't have to hurry back and go to work. Was really glad to hear the budget passed and thank you for all you did. I am suppossed to be at campers West also but there is some reservation problems, but I am sure I will see you around.

Jen

We will have to get you there, you would really enjoy it. We will talk more about it.

Well I am off to Mexico (Cabo). Spend some time with my wife relaxing before I Astoria opens up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts