IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught these chromers using a tip that Jen gave out. Remember the PowerBait Trout formula tip she gave for springers? Well I bought a bottle and nailed 3 clipped steelhead and 2 clipped chinook (one about 15lb and other around 25lb) that were released.

Caught during the morning tides last Monday and Tuesday. Did a little campover with some buddies. They managed 2 chinook and 3 shad. Problem was they didn't want to use my secret scent!

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm!

[ 06-08-2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Trick ]

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Hmmmmmm. I wonder if there is room on my spinner prawn rig for a little powerbait......

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice fish! :cheers:

I think more people are trying the Powerbait than are admitting it. :blush: I looked at Fishermans and G.I. Joes at Delta Park last Sunday. Neither had the Trout flavor on the shelf.

I know I will give it a shot when I find some. :grin:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
It makes perfect sense as the forumla in power bait contains the same stuff they feed them at the hatchery. At one point there was a movement to outlaw the stuff at put and take lakes in California but that went nowhere.

As for us "real fishers" using it for Salmon and Steelhead, it is kind of like riding a Moped........ it's really pretty fun but you sure don't want anyone to see you doing it!! :grin:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Congrats!
The stuff works!
Jen

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, they ribbed me some for using it......but I went home with a full cooler, and they...well....they just went home.

Funny thing was that every fish was clipped....maybe there is some connection????

It is now a staple item in my box.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Were you using Chartreuse or Fluorescent Orange :grin: .

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
That's what I thought, when using it.
It reminds them of their childhood. :smile:

J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts