IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it all started off rather odd when Rags called and said he could not make the trip on Saturday. Our crew of Rags, Dr Strangelove and Luke Luke were headed for Depoe Bay for a few hours of Salmon fishing. Our plan had included going to Jennies party and to visit with the Ifish gang.

Somewhere between Rags not going and lunch we decided me needed more time to catch our limits. Well, needless to say, we had to hunt and peck to catch any salmon but did finally catch enough to call it quits. I think we released 5. We had a little time left so we started fishing for cod and bass and once Doc. caught that first Bass, he was like a kid in a candy shop. He just could not be stopped, and time didn't matter. The party was off once I caught a couple nice cod.

Somewhere between the rock fish and cod, Lucky Luke was not doing so well. Yeah, he caught the one chinook per trip for my boat, but in general was not so lucky the rest of the day. Perhaps I should let him tell the "REST OF THE STORY" but he won't, so I will. While fishing the bottom structure, he broke a rod, one of my favorites, dropped my needle nose pliars overboard and something else. Oh yeah, I slippen and fell cracking my elboe pretty good. The Bass were avoiding his jigs. During all this he kept a positive attitude and a snile on his face. We had a good time and I told him the rod was really an old one and I only carried it as a backup for others. We looked at the time and it was about 4:30. We decided to forgo the party due to time and distance. I think we fish till about 5:30 or 6 trying for more keeper ling cod.

Luke was uneasy so to help him feel better I told him the rod was junk and nothing special, and that is the truth. However, the pliars were gold plated and cost about $175.00. Even Doc., didn't believe that one. I recall loosing one of Lukes herring cutting boards overboard so I figured we were even. He also told me not to worry about it so I didn't. Knowing we would fish again.

Being the thoughtful person he is,he showed up at my home Sunday while I was cleaning the boat and offered to help. I told him I was about done. He presented me with a new Lamiglass rod, may was I blown away, Okay so he didn't. He did bring over a coho cutting or cleaning tray that you hang over the side and a new pair of Pliars. I greatly appreciate that and want to say thanks Luke publically so everone will know how thoughtful he is. That really means a lot to me. Thanks Lucky Luke and your luck will return again and again I am sure. I am willing to sacrafice a rod if it helps us get more fish to the boat.

Guess we missed a great party and I am sorry about that but we caught some nice salmon, cod and bass for a great mixed bag. All in all, we had a very good day and filled my new 120 QT ice chest with fish. The ocean turned flat on us. We caught fish, saw a shark, porpous, sealions and a whale. We missed the partridge in the pear tree. I could run up to about 28 MPH in the late afternoon. Thats great for a flat bottom rig.

Thanks Doc and Luke, we had a good trip but I do not remember driving home. I know we made it to the Dairy Queen but from there who knows? All I recall is chocolate all over my face when I got home. RAgs, you my friend, missed out on a good day and with great company. Great fudge Doc. It's welocme on my boat anytime, just let me know

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Sounds like a great day on big blue. I wish I could have been there but it sounds like I would have lost a lot of fishing gear on your boat. Oh well, the fishing would have been worth it. Hope I can get out with you guys next time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've never been so clumsy or destructive in all my life. I'll only use my own gear from here on out so that Ray doesn't lose potential guests when I'm scheduled to come along. Personally, I think the rod was sabotaged due to my prolific catching ability. Those guys need to cheat just to keep up. :grin:
Even with the rod shattering and the pliers overboard the day was a success. :dance: Good company and great fishing. That fish cleaner is going to be used a lot, Ray. It's always a pleasure to fish with you. Doc, hope we get the chance to fish together again. Thanx for the snacks that you brought along. Rag's wah's up? I hear that you're a fish catching machine, gotta see it to believe it. :rolleyes:

Luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts