IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Spinner clinic tonite that Rick was so nice to set up and run.

Learned lots of new things and made spinners and spreaders by hand and machine - Although I have to say I stuck myself with hooks and wire more times than I can count!

Thanks again, Rick - See you on the water! :smile:

Tom

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
A big thank you to Rick for the learning and a big thank you to Gary at Great American Tackle for staying open and allowing us to overtake his store for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Yes, thank you... thank you very much. :cheers: I was enlightened in many ways.... I think I have enough stuff to make two or three spinners and a couple of spreaders now, and special pliers... swivels... beads... clevises... or is it clevi?
Anyway, thanks for taking the time and putting up the material and leaving the lights on and stuff. I liked your store and no doubt will find my way back someday.

Lets see... was that down then up and over and around or down, up shift up turn and around.... Maybe I should practice more before I break out my new Owner hooks.... :whazzup: :shocked:

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I am very glad you guys had a good time and learned something new. You were all good quick learners, so that made it easy.
I hope you will try some of your creations, and let me know how they work out!! Keep Experimenting!!! :grin:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Drachir -- Yes, thanks. I believe the spinners I made might be my ticket to my first ever Spring Chinook. This will definitely cut into my fly-tying. It was great to put some faces on Ifishers too.

And kudos to Gary at Great American Tackle for hosting the event. He is off 82nd Drive just south of Highway 224 - in the shopping mall on the left. Good place to stop in if heading to the Clackamas!

[ 04-10-2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Navigator ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts