IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drachir put on a top notch spinner clinic. I went to get a couple questions answered and he had the answers.

And I learned how to make a slick clevise that you can remove the blade from. I hate those plastic ones, you always lose the blade on them. :cheers:

Skein was AWOL, :hoboy: I didnt check to see if he hung up in the liquor store a couple doors down, He might have been passed out half way between Great American Tackle and the liquor store for all I know. :shrug: I hope all is OK skein.

Thanks Drachir

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
You are most welcome Roy, it was my pleasure!!

A Huge Thank You to Gary of Great American Tackle!! Without his help, these clinics would not have been possible!!
:cheers: :bowdown:

[ 04-16-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Thanks Rick. Appreciate you giving up your evening to share some of your knowledge with us that may have been spinner challenged before tonight.

Thanks to Gary at Great American Tackle for hosting the event and sharing some of his tricks as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks to both Rick and Gary for sharing and having the patience with all of us there.Teaching the spinner making knowledge and sharing fishing techniques was very helpful and a great way to see how Ifish really works :cheers:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
What a great act of generosity on the part of both Rick and Gary to share both their time and equipment, as well as their keen skills and knowledge. I learned a bunch tonight! I had a great time and got to meet some more ifishers. Thanks Gary and Rick!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

I guess I owe you guys an apology, especially to the one who didn't get to go because the class was full - except for the guy who didn't show (me). But I was there - somewhere.
:shrug:
I couldn't find the place! All I got tonight was a 168 mile drive in 5:00 traffic and a tour of Highways 205/213/212/ and 82nd ave. I still don't have a clue where you guys were. Guess I'll have to get better directions next time.

By the time I finally found 82nd it was 6:30 and when I figured out I was in the 12000 block headed away from 16221, and that I needed to turn around, I was pushing the clock hard. Then, when I lost 82nd entirely and had no clue where it went off to, my frustration level was at the "I probably won't be any fun to be around anyway" level, so I just drove on home.

I did get to see Clackamas Community College, though....

Sorry, guys. I think I missed a fun time. :blush:

Skein

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Jim,
Sorry you had such a long drive for nothing. I sure wish you had called Great American Tackle. Gary was standing by the phone waiting to give people directions. :depressed:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Rick,

Real men don't ask directions! You know that. :grin:

Actually I had brought the address, but had neglected to write down the phone number, and of course, didn't have the cell phone with me. I could have pulled over and grabbed a pay phone, but I figured he would be busy taking care of everyone instead of listening for the phone.

I'm just sorry I knocked someone else out of a chance to learn a trick or two.

Skein

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Drachir,
Thanks for a great time and showing me your tricks and your favorite go to spinners. What a blast that class was. Before I knew it was over. No fair I want to do it all over again! :cheers:

Also Thanks to Gary for putting up with us and showing us that fancy whatchamacalit gadget and how it works!! That was pretty neat stuff.

Skein, I know what you mean by getting somewhere a little late, I got there about 8 minutes late and he Made me stand next to BOE. :grin: Seems like I missed half the class in the first 8 minutes.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thanks Ric k and Gary (Great American Tackle). The clinic was very well done. Was a pleasure to meet a few of the ifish people. Chris and I had a great time. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Dog gone it, I want to know how to make those clevises too BOE. Maybe you can just bring a few hundred on our Halibut trip and I won't have to learn how to make them :grin:

Skien, don't take it too hard. I was in the parking lot and called for directions to the store. "What Shimanno sign :whazzup: "

I'll show you what I learned and even share some of the supplies I bought.

Thanks again guys, I can't wait to catch something on one of the spinners I made. I already made a seasons worth of spreaders too...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I would like to thankyou again Rick! Had a great time even though BOE was there...who let him in anyway??

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to making some spinners you cant buy "stock" off the shelf.

Chris (Fool)

[ 04-17-2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Jett'in Fool ]

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
Thanks Rick for the very good instruction and Gary for hosting the event.

For those of you who didn't make the event's "A-list', we who did received FREE instruction, materials for a spinner or two, a spreader rig, a bait-pin rig, as well as FREE First-Aid supplies. Plus I ended up with a bunch of strangely bent wires that look like they might fit into a either a fishing reel or a Ruger trigger assembly.

A good time was had my all, thanks again Rick for your patience.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skein
you guys that live in places like Sweet Home dont distinguish between 82nd drive and 82nd Avenue do you :wink: :wink:

Sounds like if you saw CCC and got on 82nd Avenue you were both North and South of us. :hoboy: We will see if we cant set up in the sheep barns at the fairgrounds next time so you can find us :wink: I hope when you get the new boat, you have better luck finding tuna than you had finding a tackle store last night. You did order a compass for the new boat I hope :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Wait, wait! If you set up in the sheep barns, Keta will want to come! And besides, I got lost on the goose hunt, too, and that was a wide open field. Of course I can blame Lured-In and NorthRiver1 for that.

Yeah, I saw it all. I'm actually surprised I didn't end up at the airport as well. But tell me, is Larry's Sports Center still there? I stopped in there the last time I was through that area. (just kidding)

People drive, well, aggressively up in your area, don't they. Next time I will put a "Made in Sweet Home...and lost" sign in my back window so they will at least understand.

I'm still bummed that I missed it, but Ray said he would bring me up to speed, probably at our next parole meeting. Thanks, Ray.

I'm headed to Beaverton Friday night to a Salty Dog gig - wish me luck.

Skein

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
skien:

go to mapquest and print the directions
......with a map..
...also get phone numbers..
....and watch out for bigfoots.... :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
can he get to mapquest he is from Sweet Home you know :grin: :grin:
just kidding
i work in beaverton tell 10 friday just put your sign up and i will stop and help you

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Rick thanks for the class. I want to thank Great American Tackle too. I think everone learned something and had a good time doing it. Your a class act.

st

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thanks Rick and Gary for a great clinic....I bought a roll of wire to practice that wrap and snap technique that I seemed to be struggling with. :shrug: I'm a little slow.... :hoboy:

I'm must be a girl because I called and asked Gary for directions that morning.....He got me there with time to spare! Thanks Gary! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Everyone of you at the clinic, were terrific learners, you took to it like a duck to water. I hope the fun of spinner making is just beginning, remember, Experiment, & Have Fun!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts