IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, Thanks are in order for ******. He agreed to take me and my Mom & Dad out for some fun with the Monsters of the Deep. :wink:

Met Rick at the launch below Bonneville Dam on Saturday morning. Launched the boat and headed down to the shad rack for bait. Had a great time fishing for those guys. Parents had never even seen a shad. Much less catching them. Had to work a bit harder for them this weekend (at least it seemed that way to us). Got enough to make the run down to the Fishery.

Then the real fun begins. I had taken lessons from Rick the previous weekend on baiting up for the big guys. Got the first one in the water and Rick says "This ones got a bit of a roll to it. They won't even touch it if it not laying flat on the bottom." After a little playing with it, managed to get it to not roll very much. Rick then says "This one won't get bit, but well try it." :wink:

It only took about 10 minutes before the first fish took the bait. Low and behold, the first one was on that rolling shad.... Hmmm.... :laugh:

All in all, it was a great day on the water. Weather was about as good as you could want up there. Water was flat, wind was pretty calm, and the fish did cooperate... We managed to hook 3 and get 1 to the boat. The second one gave a great look as at came out of the water completely.
:dance:

Needless to say, Mom and Dad were very excited about their first Sturgeon experience. They will be reminiscing about it for a long time.

Thanks again, Rick. You are awesome!!!!! :bowdown:

Steve :cheers:

G

·
Totally my pleasure. :grin: You have great parents and it's obvious you come from great stock. :cool:

It was amazing to see those two, at that age, battle an oversize Sturgeon and laugh and giggle the whole time, like little kids. :smile:

Hope I am half that active and able down the road.
Will remember the day.

Rick

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Chris, I don't think ****** can move like that anymore. Well....not unless a fish hits his line that is. But he does move pretty good for what is it now Rick? 60 or 70? :cheers: :wink:

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
the master is at it again....^5

G

·
Nice words. No master, no king studly est, no cool est, no most est, no best est, no most darling est, no most exhibition est, no most attention est and no whatever est.

Just doing a friend a favor.

Spooled

[ 06-02-2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
Chris, I don't think ****** can move like that anymore. Well....not unless a fish hits his line that is. But he does move pretty good for what is it now Rick? 60 or 70? :cheers: :wink:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">C'mon C&E. I've seen the pictures of you. :wink: My moneys on Rick..... :grin:

Thanks again Rick. Great Day!!!!! :dance:

G

·
Like I said ZaQ, you seem like a nice person. :smile:

Resist the dark side or at least resist messing with me and I will do the same.

My other offer is always there for you though, if you can't resist. :tongue:

[ 06-02-2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts